What I Wore: Tricky Tricky

Monday, October 27, 2014

I'm not even going to lie: This jacket makes me feel like Run DMC and I like it. I went through a pretty heavy old school hop hop phase in high school, thanks to a break dancing brother who would blast it as we drove to school in out Plymouth Sundancer, affectionately named "The Ratmobile." He had a CD called "Back in Tha Day" (yes, spelled that way) and it was like, Tone Loc and Biz Markie and I would steal it from his room when he wasn't around. My two BFFs and I made a choreographed dance to "It's Like That" and I'm not ashamed to admit that I still remember it in its entirety.

What can I say? Old habits die hard. Today, my favorite Pandora station is "Hip Hop BBQ" and I'm inexplicably drawn to stuff like this 90s-ish bomber. My friend Jody had to talk me into it a little because I was like "Wait, can adults with children and mortgage wear this?" and she said yes and you know, path of least resistance and whatnot.

Jacket: Sugarlips (similar) (similar) (uber cheap) (plus) I'm totally having a love affair with bomber jackets this fall. I have this one, a plain black one and my floral kensie one and I just ordered another one (with a scroll pattern I die) because I'm a moderate person in general. 
Tank: c/o modbod and pretty sure you don't need a link for a plain black tank
Jeans: Calvin Klein (here) (similar) (plus)
Boots: Call it Spring Milada oh these have gotten a workout. And I think they officially stopped selling them now, so sadface. (love these) (similar) (similar)
Leather bracelet, because you know, it's so impactful: Marc by Marc Jacobs (this season's version)

If you squint, my boots look a little like high tops so basically I'm a Fly Girl at this point. Off to do the running man. 

4 comments:

JFC said...

I just discovered Hip Hop BBQ the other day and felt the same joy as all the old favorites from my middle school and high school days blared through my car speakers. You have fine taste, not only in clothes, but in music as well!

Jae said...

OMG let's be playlist-based friends. I seriously relive all of my high school days through Hip Hop BBQ. It makes me want to sweaty-palm dance with someone.

Jennifer Wells said...

Whoa! I never listened to Tone Loc, but I remember word around middle school was that was some naughty stuff.

I hope your mom's not reading this.

miiabyt said...


Hey,

Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work





Regards.

Buy Clothes Online in West Delhi

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.