What I Wore: Seeing Stripes

Monday, October 6, 2014

Stripes are a much maligned pattern in the fashion world, with every magazine and its mother (do magazines have mothers) swearing that they'll make you look wide. But regardless of what horizontal stripes will do to you (and that's debatable), diagonal stripes are always your friend. Somehow they manage to carve out the best version of your body, like real-life Photoshop. It's gotten to the point that I can't NOT buy something if it features diagonal stripes.


Dress: White House Black Market (here) (worn with an extender slip)
Shoes: Guess (similar) (similar)
Necklace: Aldo - a gift from one of my brothers, I can't remember if it was Dallin or Jonathan (and I apologize for that) (similar) (cheap!)

When I bought this dress, it was one of those shopping experiences where everyone in the store manages to become invested in whether or not you'll buy something. I felt like I was in a Saturn commercial in 1998. I had to have a sales associate zip it up because I couldn't reach and I couldn't find my mom (I'm 12, btw) and  then three other women in the fitting rooms felt like they needed to comment on the dress as well. To be honest, I don't like letting people down, so I would have bought the thing no matter how it looked. Luckily, I love what diagonal stripes do for me, so I was happy to bring it home. 

Crisis averted.

And don't worry – I eventually found my mom. 

10 comments:

Emily said...

Nooo!!! I NEED (ok, probably just really want) this dress, and the biggest size they have is a 2. Excuse me while I go cry in the corner. lol

Jae said...

I know! It sucks. HOWEVER! I was able to size down like, a ridiculous amount because of how stretchy this dress was. I'm in a 00 and that's like, not even a real size: I'm usually a 2 to 4. So, I feel like a 2 would eeeeeasily fit up to a 6. Easily. I don't know if that helps or not, I'm just throwing it out there ;)

Julia said...

Whew! They still have my size! A beautifully styled dress, Jae. I hope I look half as good in it.

Heidi J said...

That dress is so cute on you. The two things I bought at WHBM are results of way too much attention from sales girls. I mean, they were worth buying, but it would have been nice to have a chance to make the decisiom on my own. Too much help, ladies!

Jae said...

Heidi, I definitely have had that experience there before. Once, a saleslady actually HUGGED me after I made my purchase. And I don't like hugs much. It was pretty excessive... they must be coached to be like that.

Julia, YAY! You will love it!

Jennifer Wells said...

You look so beautiful! If I had this dress, I would want to wear it every day.

dhat said...

You look amazing in that dress!

John said...

adidas shoes uk
designer handbags outlet
sac longchamp pliage
lululemon sale
nike air max
bottega veneta
coach purses
ralph lauren outlet online
burberry outlet
adidas nmd
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton outlet
polo ralph lauren
ed hardy outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
adidas supercolor
michael kors handbags
fitflops sale
converse
asics gel nimbus
michael kors outlet clearance
fitflops outlet
chaussure louboutin
michael kors outlet clearance
prada sunglasses
armani exchange
mont blanc pens
burberry outlet online
jimmy choo outlet
polo ralph lauren
2016426yuanyuan

sehatwanita said...

This information is very useful. thank you for sharing. and I will also share information about health through the website

Cara Mengobati radang Usus
Cara Mengatasi Leher kaku
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan di Bibir
Obat Nyeri haid
Cara Menghilangkan Keloid
Penyebab Benjolan di Leher
Pengobatan Meningioma Selain Operasi
obat sakit dada

Unknown said...

replica bags wholesale in divisoria index k8s28w9w29 replica bags philippines greenhills replica bags and shoes hermes replica handbags a6m32t5p90 7a replica bags meaning replica ysl bags australia sites e7n02m3i12 replica kipling bags

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.