What I Wore: Secondhand Cool

Monday, October 20, 2014

As the daughter of a biker, I blame him for my love of all things leather. Like, I'm not cool enough to ride my own motorcycle, but I have like, secondhand biker cred because I grew up around them. Also, sometimes my dad would drive me to school on the bike and I would get SO MAD because he would make me wear a helmet and it messed up my perfect high school hair.


Top: H&M (here) Let me point out that these tops are under $10 and they look good on everyone. Case in point: I was shopping with a group of like, 8 girls and we ALL bought one. I also have it in black and they fit pretty generously -- I buy an XS in these. Seriously. I keep an eye out for new patterns because they're so easy to just throw on without looking like a standard issue T-shirt.
Jacket: Guess (similar) (similar) (yaaass plus) I pat myself on the back for buying this jacket a few years ago. It has served me well. 
Pants: H&M (here) (similar) (plus)
Boots: Dollhouse (here) (similar) (low heel)

This boot/jeans combo is so cool it deserves a close-up. Like... I can't even. 

Don't worry, I only wear cool clothes. I still do incredibly dorky things like play MarioKart on my pink DS and get nervous when talking to adults. Any cool that I get is totally secondhand from my biker dad.

Who has excellent hair, by the way. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look like a total skinnie Minnie in that outfit. Gotta get me one of those tops!

Allison Hill said...

I love those boots in your pics but when I went to the website last time you talked about them I really didn't like their pics of them. I don't know if you have them in a color they no longer have or if they have terrible picture taking skills, but it was a big meh. And I had a sad. Because I love them on you and I want yours on me!

Jae said...

Allison, I have the black color but they are definitely more gray than in the website pic. More like a faded black than a true color, which makes the straps stand out more IRL.

And Dinah yay you must!!

Jennifer Wells said...

If you want to smell like you ride a bike, you should check out Fahrenheit by Dior. I bought it for my husband (who rides a bike) once but I never knew when he was wearing it because to me it smells like leather and bike fumes. Could be your next comfort scent!

Also, your figure is bodacious.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.