What I Wore: Trendslave

Monday, October 1, 2012

So my weekend actually turned out pretty awesome. I found the motivation to pack an overnight bag and we took my husband's old Jeep Wrangler and drove right over the top of a mountain to get to the cabin. My hubs then took the kidlets fishing all morning, which means I stayed in my pajamas, ate cookies and watched/made fun of Twilight all day. It was lovely. After that, we headed back down the mountain and I checked out a new sushi place with my ladyfriends. Granted, my husband then complained that my hair smelled like fried Japanese food all night, but it was totally worth it.

ANYWAY, I wore this outfit as an homage to two awesome-possum (yes I just said that) trends for fall: Plaid and leopard. And while I love me some classic clothes, I love trendy patterns. Marry the two in a straightforward button up and a pair of awesome (and cheap woo!) heels and you have trendslavery at its best.


Button up - F21 (I bought this two years ago and they STILL have in stores oh yeah)
Sunnies: Relic (I was actually on my way out, I don't just wear sunnies on my shirt all day geez)
Jeans: Refuge
Shoes: Mossimo (I bought these crazy on sale I think they were 70 percent off)
Bracelets: Nordstrom
Leather cuff: Marc Jacobs
Earrings: F12
Bag: Guess


Not gonna lie. I feel like a boss when I wear the jeans, heels and button up combo. It totally looks like I know what I'm doing even though I don't 98 percent of the time. I vow to wear this a lot more this fall. Also, I bought an amazing turquoise blazer but I stopped myself from going crazy at the mall. I have family coming to visit next week and I plan on doing my major fall damage when they're here. 



Photobucket
Photobucket


I blew $60 on these bracelets, but I still consider them one of my best investments. Those suckers go with everything. The leather cuff was a gift from the hubs and may have been pretty pricey, but since I'm wearing them with cheap heels I think it all averages out. Also, can I point out that these shoes were insanely comfortable? They're only a 3-inch lift and I wore them while on my feet for about four hours straight and it was nothing.

Note to self: Continue wearing jeans and heels until it snows and you have to pack away cute heels for cute boots. Note to readers: Do the same. Note to readers living in warm climates: Wear heels always. I'm jealous.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it just me, or are half of the photo links broken? If it's just me then I'm gonna feel totally cold-shouldered. *sigh*

Jae said...

hrmmm... they work for me? Let me try another browser.

Jae said...

They worked in Explorer and Firefox for me... but I don't want you to feel cold-shouldered!

Unknown said...

Well NOW they work, lol. I feel cold-shouldered by my computer! It's been seriously ticking me off the last couple of days. I even tried clicking on the pics and they showed as broken! At least now they are all purty :)

Jae said...

Aw happy face!

Unknown said...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m84pgaWBp21qhtseno1_500.jpg

Jae said...

ALWAYS a better love story than Twilight.

Why is it that every time Twilight is on, I'm like "Oh, I should totally watch this" and then I just get increasingly uncomfortable and embarrassed even though I'm the only one in the room?

Kelsey Welsey said...

Dear Jae,
Please do a post on how to style that turquoise blazer you bought. I just picked one up last week, too!
PS I'm digging lumberjack plaid this year. Like, totally. Would it be too much to accessorize with an ax? What if I blinged it out with studs and rhinestones and finished it off with a sa-weet bow?
Wanna-be trend-setter,
Kelsey

Jae said...

I think it would be best if you took the handle off the axe and then just carried the sharp part around like a clutch. Sooo hot right now!

LOL! I wore my blazer out to dindin on Saturday with a magenta bandage skirt and a leopard top. I enjoyed it very much and shall think of some other ways to make it work. I'm also thinking I want to wear it with my yellow skinnies too!

Jennifer said...

I get mixing patterns and everything but i cannot get for the life of me how these two can possibly go together. just not something i would ever see in the same outfit.

Jae said...

lol I'm of the "Why not?" variety! Want to wear plaid and leopard? Why not? Definitely not for everybody but I hearted it!

Jennifer Wells said...

When you said, "plaid and leopard print," I thought "how'd she do that?" Then I scrolled down and saw that you look adorable and that I envy you.

Also a good place for accessories:

http://www.tenthousandvillages.com

Anonymous said...

I'm also thinking I want to wear it with my skinnies
Motivation to lose weight
Fat burning foods
Short hairstyles for thick hair

Anonymous said...

This outfit says, "look what Paul Bunyan made! He shot the poor creature and then turned them into shoes!"

Jae said...

YAY! That's exactly the look I was going for! Thanks, Anon... I was worried people wouldn't "get" my artistic vision, y'know?

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.