Annual Trashy Halloween Costume Contest - 2012 Edition!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Yayyy it's finally here! Can I just confess to you that this is about the only part of Halloween that I like? I was just telling my husband that I feel like Halloween is too much work without enough payoff. I don't even have a sweet tooth, so bringing my kids trick or treating after wrestling them into their costumes for candy does nothing for me. NOTHING. Being a parent leaves no room for selfishness. I find that lame.

But, I do love making fun of trashy costumes. Because they gross me out. Last year I was accused of "slut-shaming" with my posts. Yes. That's what I'm saying. It is shameful. Hey, if you want to dress sexy, be my guest. Just don't put ears on it and tell everyone you're a horse.

So far, this has been my favorite sentiment, shared by Seth MacFarlane (who I find inexplicably attractive) over on Twitter.







(Halloween is a great time of the year to see some spooooooooky prostitutes.)

 Quite.

And, apparently my readers agree with me, because my inbox was flooded with submissions. If you don't see yours here it was either a) too offensive to put on a website that my mom reads or b) someone else sent me the same costume and beat you to the punch. The deal is that you'll vote for the costume you find the most trashtastic and on Friday at 12 a.m., the winner nabs a $25 Target gift card to spend on anything but sexy costumes. Deal? Let's do it! Also, click the pictures for links if you really want to purchase the costume. Also, unfollow my blog while you're at it because we're not friends.

 Lindsay sent me Sexy Dobby the House Elf. 1) This costume is terrible and just looks like a messy pig. 2) Is nothing sacred anymore? It's a HOUSE ELF. Put some pants on.

Brooke sent me this socket and plug set which might be the least sexy thing I've ever seen. Also, very subtle.



 Sara sent me this sexy tarantula, which is the latest in no-pants/big furry boot combos, which apparently can be applied to any costume ever in the history of mankind. Also, do tarantulas have horns? Because if they do, it makes them roughly 60 percent more terrifying. Although I feel like this isn't exactly Animal Planet accurate.

 Amy sent what might be my favorite costume of the year. A sexy care bear... except it's called a Dare Bear. Get it? Because she's not wearing clothes or resembling a bear in any way? Also, on what planet does dressing up as a bear involve gluing tiny bears to your legs? That seems cruel.

Brooke: Sexy ketchup bottle. Tastes great on fries and smells just like desperation.

Janelle sent my my favorite example of guys on Halloween versus women on Halloween. He's a body bag. She's apparently a body bag as well. I'll take this moment to remind you that a) this could not be more sexist and b) sexual attraction to dead people is called necrophilia. Just a thought.

(Janelle is also our reigning champ from last year. You go Janelle!) 

Michelle sent me this sexy Octomom. I promise you that after 14 kids, her body looks nothing like this. Also, I like how this costume is essentially gogo boots and booty shorts with a pocketful of babies. F for effort, guys.



 Sheriece sent me this sexy straightjacket, hysterically called Anita Sedative. If there are any guys reading this, can I tell you a secret? Girls who dress like hookers on Halloween are CRAZY. Like, stage-five-clinger burn-your-house-down and tattoo-your-name-on-her-chest crazy. Even if they're not wearing a straightjacket. Just remember my warning when you hook up with a hot cop at a party only to find that she's bought you a cat and friended your mom on Facebook by morning, k?

 Maggie sent me a sexy dog costume, which makes me LOL like it's my job. Bahahaha this dog has boobs and I love it. Don't be ashamed of your skankiness, dog. If you got it, flaunt it. You win at life.



 "H" submitted this sexy Tigger because Halloween costume manufacturers are slowly trying to ruin my childhood, one character at a time.


 Lindsay: See!? They're going after Alvin next. Although, I don't really remember Alvin wearing red heels. It sounds like he's a little confused and needs to go to Europe to find himself for a year or two.


 Maggie sent me this, which I think might be the laziest costume we've ever had on the site. LADIES LISTEN UP. If you're going to dress like an attention whore on Halloween, remember that a graphic bikini top doesn't make you Pac-Man. Also, no one wants to see you lift up your skirt all. night. long.

 Janelle sent me sexy Joan of Arc, which by the way is incredibly accurate. I mean, I'm no history major, but I'm fairly sure they had stripper heels in the 1400s. After all, it's the oldest profession, right?

I also wanted to ask historically accurate Joan what she thought of it:

Woah Joan, don't be such a killjoy.



Emily sent me a whole collection of football cheerleaders dressed up for the occasion. This was my favorite, only because if you wore this on a real horse, you'd get thigh rash. THIGH RASH. Not so sexy, is it? 


Lela sent me this sexy trout. Wait. Is THIS why my husband likes fishing so much?

Also, enjoy the subtlety of her fishnet tights. ENJOY IT.


Oh, I love it all. Thanks to all who submitted!! Remember to comment with your fave submitter's name and the costume, like so:
Jae - Sexy inanimate object that should never be considered sexy.

And, as you head out to today's festivities, remember that I'd like to preserve my childhood memories without platform heels and hotpants kthanks.

30 comments:

Beth said...

Janelle-Body Bags!

Seriously!?! A 'sexy' body bag?

Jae said...

They're so hot right now.

Unknown said...

Most trashtastic?? That's really, really hard, Jae!

I love the doggie with boobs, but if we're going for trashy, I'm gonna have to go with octomom. I mean seriously, did you notice the platforms on those boots?!?! Completely impractical for someone with 14 kids.

Jenna said...

Most trashtastic is DEFINITELY the Pac-Man by Maggie. I mean, EW. I can see her vag.

Anonymous said...

Definitely sexy trout. whyyyyyy.

Unknown said...

Lela

NO DOUBT about the sexy trout.

Nurse Heidi said...

Sheer trashiness is a tie between Pac Man and Dare Bear. But really, they're all...um...well, I just can't put it into words.

Ashley said...

Maggie-Sexy Dog Costume
I laughed SO HARD at this one!!!

Heather said...

Pac Man!

Anonymous said...

That's a Snookie dog costume! Hahaha! Winner for me!

Maggie said...

I know I submitted it so maybe my vote doesn't count but sexy PAC man. Lol kills me every time.

Amy said...

Those are REALLY bad this year! But I must say Dare Bear is still IMO pretty trashy! ;)

Meleah said...

Um, I totally love the "sexy dog" I about fell off my chair laughing (explain that one at work!)

My vote for most Trashy is for Maggie's Pac Man, because really, you have to lift up your skirt to show the character on your girly bits? That is just skanky. *shudder*

Emerald said...

Pac Man is definitely the skankiest!

...But the dog one is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Maggie and PAC Man.

The dog is HILARIOUS!!!! It's Snookie!!

Disclaimer that I'm not the same Lela who submitted the photo (odd bc it's a rare name... You have a Lela following... Hi Lela!)

bequi said...

Can I get some sort of recognition for not sending a SINGLE costume that could be posted on a family friendly site?

Sara K. said...

I vote for the one I saw with my own eyes today at the grocery store of all places. My bagger was basically a sexy monster you might see working Sesame Street in the wee hours of the morning furry boots and all.

But of the actual submissions the Snookie pooch gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

I think the plug in and socket wins for the most awkwardly suggestive, second being the flashing pac man. EWWWW.

Anonymous said...

Lela: this sexy trout.

--Nora

Wendy said...

Two votes from my house (me and my 16 year old daughter) for Pac-Man. Jenna (commenter above) said it best, "I can see her vag."

Jae said...

BeQui! I wish I could have posted your wet T-shirt submission. So very badly. But alas, there was excess nipple-age. But mad respect to your inappropriate costume finding skills.

Allison Hill said...

Pac-Man by Maggie is definitely the worst. Anything that requires flashing an already skanky costume has to win.

The one I found was great, but I'm sure I didn't find it until waaaaaay too late.

Jae said...

I saw it Allison! And it was super awesome. I shall keep it in my folder for next year... lol. I will do this post until the day I die OR whenever women stop looking for attention in this manner, whatever comes first. Probably death.

Unknown said...

That pacman "outfit" is pretty dang awful.

BUT, my (yes, biased) vote has to go for the Sexy Joan of Arc. Because it is the absolute violation of everything she was fighting for!!! She intentionally dressed as a MAN. I think it wins for being the least appropriate incarnation of an actual person. Ketchup, while insane (seriously?!?!) isn't rolling in its collective grave. Joan of Arc, though? Poor thing.

lillysmum said...

Janelle-Sexy Joan of Arc, because I am a Costume/Fashion designer and a feminist and it offends me on so many levels.

nora.lakehurst said...

Sexy Joan of arch

nora.lakehurst said...

Sexy Joan of arch

nora.lakehurst said...

Sexy Joan of arch

Deveny said...

Pac-man (maggie) for the win - for reals. You cannot get more trashtastic than LIFTING YOUR FREAKING SKIRT to show your underwear/dirty bits... Just.... I can't even...

(although octomom almost got me; so funny I think I snorted my drink)

Unknown said...

Buy more Sexy Dresses, visit at http://uniqueandlovely.com website.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.