Tutorial: How to Fake a Blowout

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

So I was thinking that it might be fun to show you how I do my hair when I don't have the time to actually blowout my hair, which is basically an everyday occurrence.You can do this trick with just straight blowdried (but not styled) hair, but I like to do it with air dried hair because I'm super lazy.

If you're my friend in real life, I'm embarrassed that you'll finally see how I'm able to get ready in like five minutes. I wish I could keep up the facade that it actually took five years to do my hair but I'm tired of living a lieeeeeeeeeee.


Wanna before and after? Here it is: Boom.The first pic is air dried and the second is after doing my neato fake trick. Hooray for fakeness!



And now, here's the vid on how to score super smooth, blowdried hair without actually using a hairdryer. If it seems like I just cut off randomly at the end, it's because I literally just forgot what I was saying in midsentence and stared blankly at the camera for 30 seconds. I should have left it because you could see how terrible I am at this. Ah well. It does the job. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching this made me feel a little shy and kind of excited. Like, I'm meeting Jae for the first time. But then I told myself that you can't see me.

--Nora

Unknown said...

That is a great tutorial! Love how fast it is. I am definitely trying it on my hair. Although mine is super wavy underneath, so I'll have to see how it goes. Love your blog btw!

Jae said...

Aw Nora, we're totally IRL friends I can feel it. lol

TIffany, if you do want to clip up half of your hair and run it through that way, I've done it before and it's still faster than blowdrying. I did it that way when my hair was longer :)

Unknown said...

"this is how I ... kinda fake it"

your voice at that moment. perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Been following it since day one. You've been an immense help with fashion and my friends thank you for helping me finally "get with the times!" Question: Is styling your hair this way healthier for your hair than simply blow drying it? What's the advantage?
Lanette

BetterYou Health & Fitness said...

UHM thank you for this!! I can't wait to try it and hopefully get "gospel country singer hair" haha so funny :)

BetterYou Health & Fitness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CutiePies said...

Love this so much! My hair is thick and growing out and is at the weird shoulder length where all it will do is flip out. I will be doing this and checking out that pomade... I've always been product-shy.

Jae said...

Lanette, even when I blow dry my hair, I finish it off with the flatiron, so I guyess in theory this is better for my hair. Mainly it's just a time saving thing. I never get to actually do a blowout so I default to this because it's sooo much faster.

CutiePies I'm a fan of that stuff... it's not as waxy as other things that I've tried!

Rochelle Young said...

Love your blog! Been browsing all night, lol. I make cute hand made hair accessories and jewelry if you wanna check out my goodies here is a link to my page! Look forward to doing some more reading!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rochelles-Craftnook/160823680630950

CutiePies said...

When you first posted this I was so excited! I have thick, mostly straight hair, but I have major frizzies on the top layer. I've been using this technique with my dryer and round brush after I dry my hair. Today i tried it with my straightener (family photo day!) and it. is. awesome. :)
Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

www0817
valentino
moncler online outlet
issey miyake perfume
skechers shoes
uggs outlet
moncler jackets
nike outlet store
adidas nmd runner
ray ban sunglasses
canada goose outlet

yanmaneee said...

golden goose sneakers
yeezy boost
michael kors handbags outlet
jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350
balenciaga shoes
james harden shoes
kyrie 3
balenciaga sneakers
balenciaga

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.