What I Wore: Graphic Nature

Monday, October 8, 2012

So I have a confession to make. I, Jae, am addicted to graphic tees of all kinds. I cannot stop buying them. I've been buying them since I bought my first non-sports shirt when I was 15 (I was a huge tomboy, OK?). I still have a major weakness for them, especially when layered with cute jackets and boots.

Photobucket
Graphic tee: Fox
Jacket: Old Navy
Red skinnies: Local (Contagious)
Boots: Frye (Harness 12R)
Cuff: Marc Jacobs

I work with a volunteer organization at the hospital and on Friday we had an annual night where we get together and do all of the prep work for the holidays over the space of six or seven hours. So I was looking for something super comfy and with layers because the hospital is bipolar when it comes to temps. Thank goodness I had one of my 6,000 trusty graphic tees to the rescue! We finally closed up shop around midnight, but not until I was basically coated in a thin layer of Mod Podge.

Some tips on buying graphic tees.
1. They should be fitted. A loose graphic tee just makes you look like you're slumming it in your high school band shirt.
2. Skip the sayings. Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than a woman wearing an "I have PMS" shirt. 
3. Take it easy on the logos. I try to choose those that don't have huge logos plastered all over them. I liked this one because it was designed like a Ringling Brothers circus ad.

Photobucket
Also, I know that I've sung the praises of my beloved boots for a long time now, but this is proof that they go with literally anything. I'm coming up on three years with them and they've one gotten better. Seriously, if you're willing to invest in a boot, these are the ones to splurge on.

So, my question today is... what item of clothing have you been buying the longest? I know that graphic tees and I have a long and happy relationship yet to come.


10 comments:

Angela said...

i like a tee and jeans combo. it's something i'd actually wear!

also, i've been wearing the same type of shoes since college. flats are my safe place!

Anonymous said...

Cardigans. I'm a nerd.

--Nora

Jae said...

OOh, cardigans... that's a good one.
And flats are always a happy place.
I should also say that jackets are another thing I just can't say no to. Can you tell I'm a little excited by cooler weather? Because I'm a lot excited by it.

Anonymous said...

Ha, sometimes I find myself eye-ing another cardigan and I have to tell myself, "Really? Having fifty instead of forty-nine, is that the magic number?"

--Nora

Unknown said...

Graphic T's & Jeans are my go to, I don't think I'll ever "grow up" :)

Heather said...

I'm a dress person. After we lived in Hawaii and that was all I wore for two years, now I can't stop buying dresses. I like being in a climate now where I can dress them with boots and tights too. New for me!

Jae said...

Ooh Heather, I do the same thing with maxi dresses. Like why do I need 10? Because I do! Love that you're experimenting with boots and tights!

Nora, you'll never know if it's the magic number if you don't try!

Anonymous said...

"Nora, you'll never know if it's the magic number if you don't try!"

Devil woman!

--NB

PS said...

Those boots! You should know that it was because of your singing praises to the Fryes that I annoyingly told everyone in my family for months that all I wanted for Christmas were Frye Harness boots. And because my parents love me, I got them! I've had them for almost 2 years now and you're right, they go with absolutely everything! And so comfy. And warm. And stylin. And rain-proof, which is essential because I live in Vancouver.

Anyways. Thank you!!

Jae said...

YAY another Frye convert! Seriously, I'm convinced that I could wear them with a cocktail dress to a black tie wedding and they'd still be perfect lol. I plan on keeping them as a cherished family heirloom. Your parents are awesome :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.