What I Wore: Chopped!

Monday, October 22, 2012

So I went and had four or five inches of hair hacked off on Friday and I could not be more happy. I had family pictures on Saturday and it was a little nerve-wracking to do it just before being immortalized with pricey pics, but I'm glad I did in the end. My poor hair is so processed that taking off the bottom makes it look so much healthier. I also feel like it makes me look younger, which is great because I already look like a teen mom half of the time.

Anyway, wanna see?

Whee! I asked for it to just barely hit my collarbone and I heart it muchly. What's more, it's shaved like 6 hours off of my hairdrying time. Always a good thing.

I also love how when you get a haircut, all of your clothes and jewelry look new.

White top: Charlotte Russe
Cardi: c/o mod bod
Skinnies: Ardene (Canada)
Shoes: Nine West
Ring and earrings: F21

I try to work these pants into every outfit ever and I'm sure it's getting obnoxious but I don't care. Also, can I just say how much fun it is to wear heels for no reason on a weekday? Try it! 


  Photobucket
See how much healthier my poor mistreated hair looks? I told my mom that I felt like shorter hair made me look smarter and she said that would only be true if I wore my crazy-huge bifocals that I had to wear when I was five.  They were purple and magnified my eyes to roughly 2,000x their natural size. The only way my parents could get me to wear them was to tell me that they made me smarter. 

I don't think it worked. I totally peaked at age 12, but I've worn glasses my entire life.

 Photobucket 

Ooh, now I need to try new hair with glasses. People might think I'm a genius though, and that could get awkward. I can't even remember how to add fractions. Maybe I should get my purple bifocals out?


13 comments:

blue roses said...

love the hair, it is perfect! and still long enough to curl or twist up in a bun, or do any number of fun, flirty long hair dos!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Jae said...

I'm super excited to play around with it!

Lily George said...

I've been following your blog for weeks, and I love your new hairstyle. :) Congrats!

www.lilygeorge.com

Anonymous said...

Love!!!

Lela

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Bombshell.

--NB

Jae said...

You guys are all my favorites!

Unknown said...

yo new hurs be dynomittteee

WERRRRKKK.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

B, just the fact that I actually could read what you just wrote affirms our mutual admiration.

Anonymous said...

Super Cute Ms Jae!

Loving the pants from Ardene. I would never of thought to pair that outfit. I so need you to organize my closet lol...

LOVE the outfits of the day!

Hope that your having a great week.

Yours Canadian reader,

Denise

Jae said...

Denise, did I ever tell you how much I love Canadian readers? It's as much as I love shopping in Canada for cheap skinny jeans, which is like, A LOT.

Shannon said...

I had Sophia from Golden Girls glasses. Mine were pink plastic bifocals with a bunch of prism. I wore them from 5 to 12 yrs old.
I'm so feelin' you!!
I always wished I could have the cute wire rims like everyone else.

Your other Canadian reader,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.