What I Wore: Take Two

Monday, March 17, 2014

So yesterday I was getting dressed and I decided to wear this super cute new maxi dress I bought last week. So I put it on, added a jacket, belt, the works... and then realized there was literally a slit up the side that ended somewhere close to my butt. And after inspecting the dress and realizing that yes, it was made on purpose and no, there was no way to do anything about it that second, I changed into this instead with about five minutes to spare before I had to walk out the door. Also I ran out of time to do my hair.

...naturally I was really calm and didn't shriek "JUSTIN HURRY UP AND TAKE MY PICTURE NOW!"


Like, at all.

Shirt: Calvin Klein (here - I loved my first City Shirt so much I went and bought another. THE FIT you guys I can't even. I  find it runs very true to size and want moooooore) (similar print)
Shoes: Nine West (similar) (similar in black)
Ring: c/o Anjolee (here)
Also wearing studs but you can't see them, so that's pretty pointless.


I'm still trying to decide if I want to sew the slit up a little or leave it as-is as a beach dress. Beachiness seems a long way away though, so sewing might be a better option. 

Lesson learned: Don't buy dresses without giving yourself a 360-degree once-over or you'll probably end up running late. And shriek-y.


4 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

You look so put together. I never would have guessed you were in a hurry!

Jae said...

Oh Nora, I love you. But my husband would tell you that I was indeed in a hurry. And not fun to be around. lol!

Jennifer Wells said...

I hope this doesn't sound too personal, but you look like you've lost a little weight, too. Not that going a few pounds either way would really matter.

Jae said...

Nora, marry me! I *did* lose a little weight in the last couple of weeks. Turns out, mainlining rice krispie squares was not helping the old waistline. So I stopped.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.