What I Wore: Coming Clean

Monday, March 31, 2014

A few weeks ago I was shopping with a friend. I was bemoaning the whole celeb fashion line thing and I told her "Like, I get super angry if I like something and it has a Jessica Simpson tag."

Five minutes later, I found something with a Jessica Simpson tag. And I liked it. And I bought it. And told her that if she told anyone she was dead to me.

She kept my secret, but I'm coming clean here. This cardigan is Jessica Simpson and it makes me have feelings and I don't know if they're good or bad. I love the cardigan because it has faux leather and draping. But I hate it because it has a celeb's name.

Cardigan: Jessica Simpson siiiiigh I can't even find this one online, but I bought it at Dillards! (Here's a similar one) (and plus size) (even maternity I'm on a roll)
Skirt: nicole by Nicole Miller (here) (thicker stripe) (plus)
Shoes: F21 (similar) (open toe) (flats instead)
I'm wearing earrings but you totally can't see them. I'm a professional. 

So the cat is out of the bag then. I can tell my friend that she's no longer sworn to secrecy. I still don't feel good about this.

Whatever.




12 comments:

Heidi J said...

I have the same reaction with JS shoes - they are so cute in the clearance rack. Wow, look at that gorgeous pair of red pumps. I pick them up, all excited and then see the label. Oh, hmm ... Well, I really don't like them, I say. I mean, the heel is so so high - kinda slutty ... Why don't I just buy them?! I just feel lied to - I mean, do these celebrities have design degrees? I would feel a lot better buying a Tim Gunn shoe.

Jae said...

Like.. I know that JS actually had nothing to do with the design whatsoever, but I do the EXACT same thing in the shoe aisle. And then I'm embarrassed.

Wendy said...

Haha! Your FB teaser made me think you went out and bought palazzo pants! We'll keep your secret. ;-)

Jae said...

Woah, woah, Wendy! What do you take me for? I'm a sellout but I'm not crazy!

Heidi J said...

Oh, by the way - all philosophizing aside - it's a super-cute jacket. Love the whole outfit.

Jennifer Wells said...

Oddly enough, me too. I typically like JS stuff. The sweater as the first thing I noticed, aside from your lovely face, and it is uh, veddy nice. Veddy nice, indeed.

Unknown said...

Remember when Lindsay Lohan was "designing" handbags? I had one and it was cute and on-sale, but still pretty embarrassing.

Unknown said...

First off, I love your blog name and your blog in general. Second, that sweater is cute and you are rocking it. That's all that matters. No judgments here :)

Your newest follower,
Autumn

Lily George said...

When we were living in North Carolina, I shopped at Belk's, a department store, a lot. At that time, there was a line done by Kristin Davis, and I bought several things from it. I always felt a little dirty when I did, but hey--it was some cute stuff!

Jae said...

The worst is when someone is like "Oh, that's cute -- where did you get it?" and you're like "errrrrrrrr I don't wanna say."

Also, I should point out that my favorite red shoes I own are by dear (which was the line that AMANDA BYNES had in like, 2003). And they were $8. At Steve and Barry's. Kill me.

PS YAY Autumn!

Allison Hill said...

yeah yeah yeah totally agree with all that blah blah blah WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT YOUR SHOES?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry I may have a problem. A little one.

i like your shoes.

Jae said...

Ahahaha I love you, Allison. They are pretty boss, but they are not comfortable AT ALL. But you know, my time limit is three hours and if I only need to wear them for that long, I can soldier through it. Fashion sacrifices, people.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.