What I Wore: Majority Rules

Monday, March 10, 2014

Ew, daylight savings time, am I right? I'm a habitual early riser (I try to get up around 6 every morning to get some work done before the morning school rush) and I hate waking up in the dark. Even my kids were like "WTH MOM" when I got them up this morning.

I spent Friday night at the annual benefit for the NICU at which I volunteer. It's always super fun and a little emotional and very posh and there is amazing food and entertainment and CUPCAKES. Axara Paris had sent me this dress a few months back and I knew it was the perfect benefit dress (it's cocktail attire). I popped it into my closet and only thought to try it on the day before.

Uh, I'm basically sewn into this dress. I forgot that European sizes run smaller than North American. I had my two kids standing on the bed, begging them to zip it up. And it fit! Until I gorged myself on mango salsa and sweet potato cakes and like, four cupcakes.

It was totally worth it. Also, majority ruled and I wore the shoes you guys picked out on Instagram. In full disclosure, however, I should point out that I only made it about two hours standing in these before I changed into flats for another couple of hours.

Shoes: Charlotte Russe (similar) (similar) (want!)

Because the dress is interesting on its own I went reaaaaaaaally easy on the accessories. 

I won't lie: Getting home late and taking off this dress was almost as fun as putting it on. I changed into my husband's pajama pants and watched Brain Games with my kids before going to bed. I consider that a very successful Friday night indeed. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

The dress is so cute---great way to hint at the peplum but not like full on! And LOVE the shoes!!!

Brianna

Jae said...

Thanks! I felt the same way. I have pretty prominent hips so full on peplum can be seriously dicey.

Anonymous said...

Tu es tres chic, tres jolie, Madame. : )

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.