What I Wore: Under Control

Monday, September 30, 2013

My 4-year-old is probably what psycho-babble parenting experts call "high spirited." He has a ton of energy and typically enjoys pushing my buttons. Yesterday was one of those days that I may have contemplating selling him on the black market.

We were in church and it was supposed to be quiet and he did everything in his power to make noise. He started clapping the sides of a hymn book together and when I took it away he started clapping his hands while staring at me defiantly. He then found a truck in my purse and proceeded to shoot it 20 feet across the floor and into wall. After that, he fake yawned for five minutes and then break danced on the floor for a while. He finally celebrated the end of his debauchery by falling asleep on my husband's shoulder.

I was so exhausted that I was ready to throw in the towel, go home and watch a Four Weddings marathon. Buuuut I had blow dried my hair and was wearing a skirt and it seemed like a waste. I could at least look like I was in control, even if my child completely owns me. 

I mean, after all, this woman looks like she has control of her child, right?

Top: Local boutique (want!) (plus size) (this with a pencil skirt? I die.)
Blazer: Bluenotes - Canada (cheap!) (so cute)
Skirt: modbod 
Shoes: Charlotte Russe (love these) (similar)
Earrings: I'm pretty sure I bought them at a Marshall's and don't know the brand. But these are close.
Charm watch: (similar)

I'm of the "fake it till you make it" variety. It's also how I help my kid look like he's a nice, normal boy when he might actually be the devil.

And don't worry about me saying that my child is the devil on the Internet. I tell him to his face as well so all bases are covered. 


 Yup... I have this kid under control. For the five seconds it took to take this picture.

7 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

Yeah, I've noticed with my 3 year old that he typically acts the worst right before he crashes. And yet, every time I forget. I'm thinking to myself, "WHY IS HE SO CRAZY I'M ABOUT TO DUCT TAPE HIM TO THE CEILING AND LEAVE EXTRA FOR HIS MOUTH," and then five minutes later, BOOM! Sweet relief.

Jae said...

It might be one of the top five best feelings in the world -- when your psychotic son falls asleep on the floor.

bashashhazbaz said...

for a boy on the go, he looks snazzy! nice job, mom! and you look simply ravishing!

Val said...

For a while my motto for church was, "you may not be the most reverent kids, but you will be the cutest."

That's gone out the window now and my kids are known to show up without shoes.

But I still look good :)

Totally love your outfit.

Jae said...

Haha I am constantly repeating "time and a season... time and a season" to myself. And it's not the time nor the season to get anything out of church.

Jenifer said...

My favorite part is when the well meaning blue haired ladies say "can I help you with him"? Puh-leeze, honey, you couldn't handle this demonic beast.

Jenifer said...

My favorite part is when the well meaning blue haired ladies say "can I help you with him"? Puh-leeze, honey, you couldn't handle this demonic beast.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.