What I Wore: Shopaholic

Monday, September 23, 2013

Last week, my husband casually made the comment that I hadn't gone shopping in a while. And I really hadn't. Aside from a few purchases here and there, I tend to spend less in the summer because you can only buy x amount of T-shirts before you're sick of everything in the store, amiright? But for some reason, his comment awoke a sleeping beast inside of me. It was old Jae, saying "He's right – you haven't been shopping in a while. He is telling you to go shopping. You should go. Right now."

I'm not even gonna lie – I literally spent the last three days on a hardcore shopping bender and I took prisoners. I dragged my family from store to store on Friday and Saturday and then shopped online Saturday night. In total, my purchases included (but are not limited to):

A cocktail dress (yeah WTH)
A pair of moccasins (My old ones were trashed – like, literally in a garbage can – in Hawaii so I needed them)
Like, 3 chiffon shirts. One of which was leopard (kind of like this one) because I am nothing if not completely predictable.
A pair of olive skinny cargo pants
A graphic tee that I wore with linen pants to the dollar theater on Saturday night like a shlub.
Basically anything I saw that had a leather accent, including a scuba-style top and a cardigan.
Tortoiseshell glasses. Like, to see with. My old glasses were scratched and I can't travel with just contacts, right? RIGHT!?
A boss chambray shirt with a U.S. flag design which I shall wear ironically because I'm not American.
2 tank tops.
2 bras (because you really needed to know)
(I almost bought another jacket, but my husband finally but  the kibosh on it and dragged me out of the store. I have two jackets with the tags still on at home, so I guess he was justified).

And lest you think that I'm a selfish sonofagun, I shopped for my family too. Like, I was in the zone, guys.

This morning I woke up and have had to deal with the damage ie: checking my bank account balance, cleaning up various price tags scattered around the house. But you'll also get to see new outfits! So um, yay for you! Because that's who I did it for.

Also, if I try to go shopping before like, Black Friday, feel free punch me directly in the face. 

On to the outfit!

Remember my rule? If I can't think up three outfits to make with a piece on the spot, I don't buy something. And for full disclosure here, I haaaated this shirt when I first saw it. The pattern was very Bill Cosby / that guy from Reading Rainbow on the hanger. But I gave it a chance and it's turned out to be super cute and versatile one.

So there's another gem for you – try stuff on, people!

Top: Local boutique (aztec design) (love this color) (similar)
Jeans: Abercrombie and Fitch 'Emma' (really old)
Boots: Frye (here) (cheaper)
Wrap watch: Local craft fair (similar) (obsessed)
Pinky rings: F21 (here) (love these too)

Yup, it's finally boot season around here, so get ready to see them A LOT. Anyway, I'm super excited to show you guys the rest of my haul in the next few weeks.

Also, stay tuned for the next couple of days, because as promised, it's BOOB WEEK! Small boobs, big boobs, bras – we got 'em all. So hitch up your girls and check back tomorrow. 

And I promise I will not shop between now and then.

5 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

I went shopping, too. I bought four bras and some undies, and I'm about to buy makeup.

* high five *

Jae said...

Ohhh yeah shopping soulmates right here. I always whine about having to buy bras and then I do and I'm so happy.

bashashhazbaz said...

very pretty!

IandS said...

Am I the only person that wants to SEE everything you bought???? :)

Unknown said...

www0817
canada goose jackets
ralph lauren uk
dsquared
canada goose jackets
ugg boots clearance
polo lacoste
moncler outlet
michael kors outlet
superdry clothing
ugg boots clearance

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.