What I Wore: Texturally Active

Monday, August 26, 2013

So my youngest is off to preschool, I'm back to a somewhat normal workout schedule and I'm pretending last night's VMA music-ruining performance by Miley Cyrus was just a really terrible nightmare and I'm feeling pretty good. Seriously, though, did anyone see that? My husband and I happened to change over from Sister Wives right about the time Miley was violating a foam finger.

I then tried to send a video link to one of my brothers so he could agree on how horrid it was but accidentally sent him a video of a black man twerking instead. True story.

ANYWAY before I wanted to completely forget that last night happened, this is what I wore in the daytime. I will admit that I went a little overboard on texture. The chiffon and leather and suede and metallic was a lot. But whatever. At least I wasn't wearing this:

Please someone give this girl the attention she so desperately craves.

While I like some texture, I prefer it to not be in the form of fur/foil/plastic underwear.

Photography tip: Always post a picture of about-to-have-a-mental-breakdown popstars before your own picture so you look normal and balanced in comparison. 

Top: American Eagle (similar) (another) (similar print!)
Skirt: F21 (similar) (plus size!)
Heels: G by Guess (Mary Jane version OMG) (want!)
Cuff: Wizards of the West (no longer available)
Earrings: F21 (similar and cheap!)

I was excited because it was rainy enough that wearing this skirt didn't mean having it fused to my legs from 100 degree temperatures.

Well, I'm going to have to pick up my child in like, 30 minutes so I'm off to soak up the quiet house for a little bit.

JK I'm totally going to be reading US Weekly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your outfit looks very beginning-of-autumn, in a good way. I'm not sure how it could be in a bad way, come to think of it.

Jae said...

I love autumn and I'm sad that it's taking so long to get here. Le sigh.

bashashhazbaz said...

you look amazing. your outfit is MUCH more deserving of attention than that hideous thing miley wore...ugg...not to mention your actions seem a bit more...MATURE, as well...just sayin'! :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.