Freaky Friday: Stuff I Don't Get

Friday, August 9, 2013

Yay my car is supposed to be finished today and I'm so excited to go get him. Yes, him. I call him Dante.

But before that happens, I have some Freaky Friday stuff to get off my chest. Yes, it's time for "Stuff I Don't Get" again. This was inspired by me reading my Glamour magazine late last night while watching "Beautiful Creatures" because my husband was working late. This is what happens when I'm left to my own devices after like, 10:30. I get surly.

Also, one of these pictures is not safe for children who know the alternate meaning to "Willy." So usher them out of the room accordingly. 

This shirt


 

 Oh look, it's the page that inspired it all. This shirt is proclaimed as the "Perfect top." Because I'm always in the market for sheer shirts with boob roses. Also, how 90s is this all? It would go perfectly with my crushed velvet party skirt. In 1998.


Why this is funny.  I turned into a 14-year-old boy when my cousin posted this on her Facebook. The second one is my favorite.

 Seriously, I was laughing hysterically for 10 minutes and then almost sent it to everyone I know.  Instead, I'll post it on my very public blog! (Click to view a larger copy, but only if you're super immature).


The desire for a thigh gap. 
 No one is looking for a space between your thighs. Stop being crazy.



Clear purses

 Have you seen the inside of my purse lately? It's like a graveyard of receipts and cheeto-smeared baby wipes. Why would I want to present that to the world?


Sharon Stone power suits


 Those are some serious shoulders. Unless your office is also a football field, you can probably dial down the padding.


When sales associates say they're "just going to pull a few things for you."

This happened last night when I was shopping for new sunglasses (I lost mine on a waterslide. So typical.) She pulled things that I would never wear in my life and I was so tempted to get all Bon-Qui-Qui like "You don't knowwwww me" but instead I just mumbled something about sunglasses shopping and got the heck out of there.  


 Literally anything that Miley Cyrus wears in the "We Can't Stop Video."
 She dances seductively like we're all supposed to be super turned-on by her Jane Fonda workout jumpsuit and Draco Malfoy hair.


Mullet anything
Skirts. Shirts. Actual mullets. How about no?


These people's gummy bear reviews.

Because quite frankly, if you purchase mail-order sugar-free gummy bears, you deserve to have diarrhea.


As always, that feels really good to get off of my chest. Now it's your turn -- air out something that you don't get and we'll all nod emphatically.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooft - things I don't get. The list is WAY too long to go all out, but it goes along these lines:

1. Birkenstocks.
2. Uggs.
3. "Flatforms" - what?!
4. People calling shoe boots "shoots". Stop it.
5. James Franco having a moustache. I can help him with this.
6. The trend of celebrities are using tooth jewellery.
7. The trend of people wanting their hair to look matte. Ridiculous.
8. Women wearing black tights under denim hotpants.

Aaaah, that felt good.

Momofsix said...

those plastic bubble necklaces. But I think I am the only one

Jae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

WHO uses the word "Shoots" because they are officially dead to me.

Momofsix you are not the only one. I haaaate them. Mostly because everyone thinks they go with everything. They do not.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

To salute your Harry Potter hilariousness, here is a piece I put together a few years ago:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nannette-lindley-petersen/harry-potters-underpants/96340169589

Unknown said...

my 13 year son couldn't stop laughing at your Harry potter post :)

Heather Smoke said...

The Harry Potter thing had me laughing out loud at my desk! And crushed velvet? I forgot all about that! In 96 my mom made me a long, empire-waist forest green crushed velvet dress to wear to Phantom of the Opera, and I thought I was so glamorous. :)

Also, I too hate bubble necklaces.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that if I complain about stuff that I don't get, it will just make me look ridiculous.

Something I really said to my husband today:

"I refuse to go to that Italian cheese shop that just opened up because it doesn't make sense for them to choose a location directly across the street from ANOTHER Italian cheese shop."

Lily George said...

Those running shoes that have separate spots for each toe? That are supposed to make you feel like you're running barefoot?

They make everyone's feet look like monkey claws.

Any footwear that makes you look like an animal--I just don't get.

Jae said...

omg omg omg Vibrams are the worst. Like, whatever, wear what you want while running, but at the grocery store? It's just a way saying "HEY EVERYONE I'M A RUNNER"

Jae said...

PS Nora we are kindred spirits. While I do enjoy Italian cheese my non-confrontational nature would make me scared to choose JUST ONE.

Jen said...

thank you for including "mullet-skirts!" My sister was trying to convince me how "flattering" a hi-low skirt would be and I was like...still not gonna wear it!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.