Jacket Week Day 2: Casual Jackets

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

K, when I say casual, I mean something you might wear shopping, running errands, etc, etc. I love a jacket. I could wax poetic about the jacket for hours, but it would make for a very boring blog. They are super versatile, and great for doing some major undercover camouflage work when it comes to tummies. And awesome for layering without bulking.

The fun thing about casual jackets is that you can totally experiment with color and pattern, because they aren't stuffy office jackets.




Love this in green. See that nice band around the waist? That'll nip you in.






Can I tell you that not everyone knows that I am pregnant yet? And since I am still in an awkward tummy stage, I totally wore my blazer with a bow to church and tied to bow right over my belly? Genuis!



Love this color soooo much. Wear this with dark jeans, perhaps even boots over top? Ooh!!



Now, this jacket in theory is very cute. Red and cropped. Problem is, the only way to wear this is with a tight shirt underneath, and if you have a tummy at all, it'll definitely call attention on it. Better to wait and wear something like this when you ARE pregnant, when you actually do want to show off your big belly.



Love the pattern of this, and it's actually a sweatshirt type material, which makes it super comfortable. I wish they made everything in sweatshirt material.



I love the shape of this jacket, and the kind of private school styling. Look for interesting details, like a patch or big buttons. They are SUPPOSED to be fun.



Casual jackets are awesome, and you should have at least 3 in your wardrobe. Throw them on next time you want to look put together but still fun, styled but totally laid back. It looks effortless, not like you just spend ten minutes reading about them on the internet at all!

9 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Okay, so jacket question:
I bought one last season and it totally made me look FAT. If I was moving at all it would gape at the bust line and make me look huge up top. I'm a good size, but not enormous! I know it was the right size because it fit well through the shoulders and arms. Was it just not a good fit? Is there a good way for a girl with boobs to wear a jacket?!
-arawlins

Jae said...

It depends on where the buttons, well, button. lol. If you're gaping, that tells me that they buttoned too low on your body. Next time, try a few on and see where the buttons fall. I prefer mine to fasten right on my bustline, but it'll be different for everyone.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

k, you need to post where you find all these cute things. Love that first green jacket. I need that once my boobs aren't abnormally huge from nursing!

Jae said...

Duh! I totally forgot! Those first two jackets were from Forever21...they are like $19. The red one is Target and the other ones I believe are Intuition. All on their websites.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you don't know me, but I stalk your blog.... I am style challenged, no really.
So at some point, please tell us large chested but not plus size girls what the heck to wear. I am a 34 DDD and am not over weight at all- but no matter what I do, my boobs make me LOOK overweight.
Help.
Please?
I'm begging! Because no one knows the answer, and I am not a cow.
mooo.

Alisa said...

Love the shorter jackets but unfortunately it does not go well with my big boobies. It's very sad!

The McPherson Family said...

Heather,
I was just about to post the same thing. Cute jackets I just can't do. I am not plus sized, but my boobs will not tolerate a cute little structured jacket. They just WON'T.

HELP US.
Becky

Jae said...

Duly noted. Never fear, well endowed chicks, I will cover you (Literally and figuratively!) next week.

casual jackets said...

Really liking these casual jackets. Very smart!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.