What I Wore: Rainy Days

Monday, August 4, 2014

 We've had a slew of rainy days this past week and it has been glorious. Cooler temps plus me not having to take my kids to the pool every day is perfection. Although one day we did pack up a picnic and go to the park only to have the sky dump on us like, three minutes into it. Utah LOVES a surprise rainstorm when everything is sunny.

So, this outfit is not seasonably appropriate for summer. It was cold and wet and puddle-y, even though it was still July. Thank goodness for layering: I wore this to work at the hospital, which means it's simultaneously freezing and boiling hot, depending on which floor you're on. I just shucked the sweater when I got hot.

I also dropped an entire large raspberry Diet Coke like, five minutes after I set foot in the hospital, so I was glad for the tall, indestructible boots. It looked like a freakin' crime scene.

 Tee: Victoria's Secret (sold out online boo) (similar)
Sweater: Calvin Klein (here) (similar) (plus)
Jeans: Calvin Klein (here)
Boots: Frye (here) (similar) (wide calf)
Watch: XOXO (similar)
Cuff: Buckle (similar)
Necklaces: craft fair, stolen from my 8 year old daughter. 

You can tell it's rainy in this picture because it's all shadowy in my house. This picture was taken at like 4 in the afternoon. Gone is my glorious picture-taking light. Also this picture reminds me I need to color my roots tonight. Life is hard.

Aaaaand my kids just asked what fun activity we were doing today. Uh... what do you guys do when its's rainy? 

2 comments:

Heidi J said...

Cute outfit! Here in the desert, everyone runs outside during a rainstorm. It's so beautiful (like the fourth of July!) (Christmas Story reference). You have to RUN outside or you might miss it. Love to watch the lightning.

Anonymous said...

I love cozy, quiet, rainy days. My kids are still small enough to be up for being read to, and sometimes we'll have a kitchen project.

Oh, yeah, and video games.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.