Freaky Friday

Friday, August 8, 2014

I took my 8-year-old shopping yesterday with her BFF for back to school. I told her to get dressed and when she came out, she was wearing a fedora, a pair of aviator sunglasses, a summer scarf and a purse. 

I told her she needed to look in the mirror and remove one accessory because I'm about those life skills.

Today is an old friend day: I'm hanging out with one friend that I've had since childhood (and happens to live in Utah and saves my sanity because her mom makes me roti when I ask) and some couple friends that my husband and I used to be basically attached to in our young and carefree newlywed days. Old friends are the best. 

But in order to do these things, I will need a shower and makeup. All in good time, because first it's Freaky Friday.  



Allison sent me this flesh-colored, pleather pleated skirt for hip grandmas everywhere. You could also use it as lame person camouflage. Just some ideas. 


Jenifer sent over this dress. And, since I don't like to judge (ahahahahahaha) I'm going to assume this woman is very focused and doesn't crave Cheetos ever. 

I mean, are we sure this is "paint?" 

(Thanks, Emilee!) 

Cari sent this glorious specimen, which is ideal for when your lips are cold, your arms are hot, and you want to look like a homemade potholder. 

Annie took this snap to prove that yes, ABC Family is now designing clothes, which probably means Melissa Joan Hart had something to do with it, and they stop every five minutes for a 20-minute break.

Only people with children understand the agony of commercials during a movie where your kids are actually interested. I hate ABC Family with the fire of a thousand suns. 

Hey, I like a strong shoulder, but I stray from anything that could be described as "shelf-like."


I'm in the middle of a historical novel right now (historical fiction lovers, I'm working through the Edward Rutherfurd books and am on "London" after just finishing "Paris" -- SO GOOD).

There was an entire section devoted to how chain mail was constructed, so I feel like I was destined to find this suit of armor this morning. 
These shoes look like they were made from Starburst wrappers. I tried to find an example but I just found these:


So I'll just skip my plans for the day and jump off a bridge instead. 


Okay, off to the shower and makeup table I go. The other thing about old friends: They remember what you looked like when you were young and skinny and fresh. 

5 comments:

Allison Hill said...

That pot holder sweater/dress thing was truly heinous.

In other news (having nothing to do with fashion but your starburst shoes comment reminded me) my daughter proved the other day at a back to school party that if all the other kids are jumping off a bridge, she too, will jump off a bridge. (Into a lake) And hurt herself. Smh

Allison Hill said...

Also yay! You posted my ugly skirt! I couldn't NOT send it to you.

IandS said...

Yes, ABC Family not only has too many commercials but totally inappropriate ones at that. I do not want my kids watching previews for some American pregnant teen drama that you have following "Finding Nemo".
Oh and the potholder dress also reminded me of an adult size sock monkey...
Stacey

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. Thank you....at the end of a very long week...I laughed so hard at the potholder sweater. You made my week.

Anonymous said...

ABC Family clothing sounds absolutely atrocious. I want to see more.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.