Summer Sales: Your Best Bets Under $25

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

As I've trekked all over the state for back to school shopping (and I have more planned for tomorrow) I've also experienced the agony of seeing stuff on sale for me, but feeling guilty because I'm supposed to buying my kids' jeans. But guilt I will feel no more! Stores are clearing out their summer merch, so it's a killer time to stock up on stuff you'll use for the rest of the year.

Look for things that you can layer up and use past August to get the most bang for your buck. You'll add some fun stuff to your closet on the cheap and, if you're anything like me in Utah, summer will last a heck of a lot longer past the back to school season.

Maxi Dresses:

Look for 'em in non-summery colors: I love black and white because they're the easiest to layer with other colors. For now, wear to the pool or while running errands with flip flops, but when it starts to cool off, add an adorable cardigan or leather jacket and some boots. DONE.

Floaty Tanks:


Loose tanks are a staple for me when it comes to throwing something over my swimsuit before we hit the lake. But don't pass them over! They're on sale! When it's cool enough, they look great with something structured, like a shrunken blazer, skinnies and heels for date night.

Bermuda Shorts:


You can find killer deals on shorts right now. Bermudas are perfect for transitioning into fall. Of course you're probably wearing them with flip flops and T-shirts now, but  they're uber-cute with loafers and comfy sweaters in the fall, so buy 'em up! Keep an eye out for structure though: Structured shorts will look way better in the fall.

Wedges:

Skip the crazy colors, florals and cork bottoms: They'll scream summer. But if you can snag some neutral wedges with clean lines, do it. It'll stay warm for a few months yet and you can pull them off through the fall for a fate night shoe. I love wedges with a skinny cuffed jean and jacket. I especially like cognac-colored wedges with fall jewel tones.

Swimwear:

August is my sweet spot for buying swimwear because of two reasons: 1) I have a great tan by August and 2) Everything is on sale. I love department stores for a huge selection of cheap swimwear. I just barely bought a suit for $9, I kid you not. My fave is a Kenneth Cole two-piece I bought from Dillards for like, $19. And I got a free tote bag, so I win at life.


Now you know what I'm keeping an eye out for. Anything you're looking for that I can help find? Let's be honest though, I don't censor myself from shopping much. If I find a great boat shoe, summer scarf or jacket, I'm probably gonna go for it. Hooray for sales!

2 comments:

Allison Hill said...

I love skinny jeans with floaty tops. It's probably one of my top favorite outfits. I can't wait for it to be cool enough for jeans again!

Jae said...

It's still been rainy here and gloriously cool, so I totally got to wear my skinnies last night. I was way happier than I'd like to admit.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.