What I Wore: Two Trick Pony

Monday, May 19, 2014

So I bought this cardigan last September, thinking it would be my favorite cardi in the world because it had leather inserts and we all know how much I enjoy leather. When I got it, I realized that literally the only thing it really went with was a white tank top. So I wore it like that all winter long and last week I went to pull it out of my closet and was like "NO I SHALL NOT WEAR YOU WITH A TANK  TOP TODAY!"

Commence musical montage where I try it on with every piece of clothing I own.

I finally found a match with my favorite camp shirt, so hallelujah, my leather cardigan is a one trick pony no more.

Also this is what I do with my time.

Shirt: H&M (similar) (cheap!) (plus)
Cardigan: Target and I can't find it anywhere. Enjoy these other cardigans with leather accents here, here, here, and here.
Jeans: Calvin Klein Powerstretch (here and there is nothing similar because these are the best)
Boots: Frye (here) (similar)
Bracelets/Watch: Local boutique, Gucci, Marc Jacobs and my mama


I'm feeling so accomplished for finally finding another way to wear my cardigan. I should pretty much just take the day off, right? 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I just rediscovered white V-necks from Gap after a break of five years and am wearing them with everything. Walked out the door with one under my beeyootiful navy peplum jacket for work and realised that I had gone too far. Ahem, so bought a mint green short sleeved top and changed in the loos before sitting at my desk...I'm now looking for a new statement necklace to make the mint top really pop. I have a problem.

Heidi J said...

Love this outfit! Bright blue seems to go with everything - kindof like jeans do, I guess. I bet this cardi would look cute with yellow too.

Jennifer Wells said...

I would have guessed that the leather parts of the sweater were satin. Very pretty.

Jae said...

Avril, those v-necks are SO good, so I understand your love.

Heidi ooh good call -- I have some yellow skinnies I have yet to try!

Nora, I don't know what is with me and leather. It needs to stop but I don't want it to.

Jennifer Wells said...

Why are v-necks from the Gap better?

Jae said...

They have a really thin rib, which I find makes them fit amazing. They're tighter up top with some breathing room in the belly, which is perfect.

Jae said...

Oh! I forgot they have a perfect amount of stretch, too. So there's that.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.