What I Wore: Baby Talk

Monday, May 5, 2014

Ahhh I'm excited because it's actually warm and sunny (like, laying out on the grass while my kids run through the sprinkler times) so I'm planning to stay outside as much as possible. Well, after I hit the library and the grocery store MY LIFE IS GLAM OK?

So, in short, I wore this outfit to go see my cute friend and her equally cute new babe in the hospital the other day. I never ever get baby hungry but I'm so glad my friends are still procreating so I can hold and baby talk to something other than my parent's dog. I also am SO much more excited when my friends have babies. Back when mine were little, I was no enthused. If I wanted to look at a baby, I'd just hang out with my own. Now my kids are older I love being the designated baby holder.

Top: H&M here (I swear, all of my friends have this shirt in various colors and patterns. It's super flattering and true to size and $10) 
Patterned skinnies: Iris Jeans (similar) (ankle length) (maternity!)
Boots: Call it Spring (here)
Cuff: Marc Jacobs (similar) (love!)
Necklace: I'm not even gonna lie, this is my daughter's. I'm wearing an 8-year-old's jewelry. She has excellent taste. 
Nothing screams "Congrats on your baby" quite like star-patterned skinny jeans and ankle boots, amiright?


Now, I've already checked preschool and a heinous butt workout off my list, so I must keep up this momentum. And by that, of course, I mean act productive until I remember I have an episode of "My Five Wives" saved on my DVR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a person with a newish baby (7 months old) I am grateful for the people who will take turns holding her!

Love the skinnies.

Jae said...

Ha, Nora, if you lived near me I would totally hold your baby! Wow. That sounded really creepy.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.