What I Wore: Wild Thing

Monday, July 2, 2012

YAY! I found my camera cord! It was in my guest room. I don't even... whatever. No one ever goes in there so I have no idea how it wound up under the bed, but I won't complain. I was afraid it was in the mass of laundry laying around my house since I haven't had the time to clean in the last 14 days. Make that 15 because I'm definitely not doing it today either.

Can I just insert a giant sigh here? I got back on Saturday from two weeks of "vacation" and the workaholic in me is so happy to be tapping away at my computer once again. I just love my schedule too much to be away for long. Plus I feel guilty when I don't post anything. Guilt be gone!

Two weeks ago, we headed down to Lake Powell for some boating and wakeboarding and such. Then, I got home for one day and headed up the mountain to take 30 girls camping. So what I'm saying is I spent the last weeks not showering and wearing a hat, so I wasn't exactly feeling all fashion-y. I was secretly happy to put on makeup yesterday. Oh eyeshadow, how I missed you. Let's never be apart.


Photobucket
I feel like a lack of showering, plus mixing peacock and snakeskin qualifies me as a wild child, right?
Sweater: GAP
Skirt: Ricki's (Canada - Hey, it was Canada Day yesterday, I had to pay homage!)
Wedges: Soda
Ring and necklace: F21

I'm not gonna lie -- the peacock necklace served two purposes. The first was that it was pretty, and the second was that my shirt is a low 'v' and I didn't feel like wearing an extra cami. Problem solved!

Photobucket
My feet were so happy to be in wedges again, especially with my summer orange polish. I can only wear flip flops for so long. Seriously, when I got home from camping on Saturday I felt like dipping them in bleach. I didn't, because that's extremely harmful and only on "My Strange Addiction," but I definitely thought about it.

PS this wedges make my ankles look impossibly tiny and therefore I try to work them into every outfit ever.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Also!! Easy hairstyle alert for when you sleep in! This is just three sections of hair would into messy buns. Like seriously, two seconds of work. I just did the middle section first and then wound up the sides and done. Do it! Dooooooooooooooo it.

OK, so I will admit that while camping I curled my eyelashes and wore mascara. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. Am I a total wuss or not? I swear, after five nights up late, I looked progressively more like a zombie each day. Mascara makes it allllll better. Do you bring your makeups with you or do you go au naturel while camping?

19 comments:

Emily said...

I totally wear powder and mascara when camping! Even though my hair has darkened to brown over the years, my lashes are still blond as ever, so I feel weird whenever I don't wear it.

Laura said...

I've been eagerly waiting for a new post...you just made my day!

Laura said...

Oh and I do try to embrace the whole no-makeup thing when camping with the kids, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make me feel totally grody. I love the word "grody" - it's so 9th grade!

Jae said...

Aw well you just made my day by saying I made your day, so that's mutually beneficial!

Also, I never knew how to spell the word grody, or I would totally use it all the time in posts. Good to know! Lol .

Nathaly Blalock said...

I went "camping" this weekend with my in laws. (That means they were in a motor home and we were in a cute little trailer. With beds. And air conditioning.) Totally wore blush the whole time.

Deveny said...

Yea, you're back! I missed your posts - I was going to say 'you' but I'll try to keep internet creepin' to a minimum...
If I went to girls camp as a leader? Would totally smuggle in some mascara/powder, plus extra. Then I'd barter girls for their secret sister goods.

Jae said...

lol Deveny... bingo! I was a leader this year. Holy overwhelming, Batman. I also taught a workshop on self worth, so I felt like I had to look nice on that day... there were 360 girls altogether and I couldn't teach about self esteem when I looked like a zombie, right? lol priorities!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, shirts that need tank tops are the worst. I have a lot of cute, sheer blouses that are great for hot weather, but it stinks when you need a shirt so that you can wear your shirt.

Nora

Jae said...

Nora, can I just say how pleasant it is when I see "Anonymous" and think oh, awesome a crazy person is here to tell me that I'm awful... but then I see "Nora" at the bottom and I'm like YAY a nice person. Warms my heart every time.

Anonymous said...

Aw, thank you.

I turned on two-step verification for my g-mail account, so it's sometimes a pain to log in.

I would love to give some of these "anonymous," people the attention they so badly crave. In person. Don't think they'd be so brave in a room full of real people who like your blog.

--Nora

Jae said...

Nora I heart you.

Sarah said...

Two words... eyelash extensions. No mascara needed, it's been the best thing I ever did to pamper myself.

Jae said...

Sarah, my brother's gf does eyelash extensions and I want them but I'm scared about the upkeep lol. Me schedule is crazy enough without the fills, BUT when my kids go back to school I might be right there with ya!

Fashion Form said...

Such a lovely dress, look great on you!Thanks for finding.

Fashion On The Way said...

Fashion On The Way
You look so feminine and gorgeous!! Fantastic outfit. Your skirt is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

The peep toe cutout seems like a weird shape. It's way too big.

Anonymous said...

The peep toe cutout seems like a weird shape. It's way too big.

Jae said...

The comment so nice you said it twice!

Unknown said...

www0817
dsquared2
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet online
uggs outlet
pandora outlet
adidas superstar
air jordan uk
pandora
moncler online
ugg boots on sale 70% off

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.