What I Wore: Cooling Off

Monday, July 16, 2012

It's been sooooo hot here later that I a) have been living in flip flops and b) not doing my hair ever. Like, not joking -- I went a straight four weeks without a blow dryer ever touching my hair. That is UNHEARD OF. It's just the idea of blasting hot air on myself when it's 104 outside. It literally makes me want to set myself on fire.

YES I AM AWARE OF THE IRONY.

SO imagine my supreeze (movie? Anyone?) when it started raining last week and cooled things off. Ahhhh heaven. I didn't want to waste time, so I fired up my blow dryer and dragged out my beloved cowboy boots.

Photobucket
Real fashion bloggers stare blankly at the camera.
Top: JCPenney
Belt: Uhhhh?
Jeans: Local boutique (Contagious)
Boots: Soda
Earrings: Heirloom from my jewelry lovin' Nanny
Bracelet and ring: F21


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Kidding! We all know I'm not a real fashion blogger. Also, this just in: I will buy any shirt with a side-tie feature. Oh my cuteness. Also, the pattern is tiny bows. I die.


YAY tiny bows!

Today's supposed to be the last non-scorcher day for a while so I'd better be a good mom and get my kids some vitamin D. Lately we've been hiding in the A/C and watching My Little Pony on Netflix. Like... I actually know their names now. Apple Jack is my favorite. I hate myself.

21 comments:

bequi said...

My favorite is Rainbow Dash.

Jae said...

Same with my daughter! lol

Lauren said...

I have a 4-yr-old Rainbow Dash and a 6-yr-old Pinkie Pie. I hope this obsession is over before I have to host a My Little Pony birthday party.

Fashion Sharing said...

Love this, and I just idolize your style and character!

Today Fashion said...

So wonderful! Love all the cute outfits so many great colors and styles!

Fashion Business said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand

Jae said...

Sigh.

Fashion Circle said...

She puts together seems so effortless and true to herself.Love her style.

Fashion Up To Date said...

She is always so stylish.. i love silky blouses... so comfy...

Marisa said...

Apple Jack is my favorite too :)

Do you have any recommendations for similar fashion blogs that feature more bohemian style clothing? Don't worry, I will always read yours for the humor! :)

Jennifer Wells said...

I love your playful colors in this post! Go you.

Fashion Information said...

This look is amazing! I love paisley. ♥

Fashion Sky said...

I like this look,so cool.Love your style.

Fashion Factory said...

This look is amazing! I love paisley. ♥

Jae said...

Marisa, check out clothed much and cupcakes and cashmere -- but h in my sidebar links. They're both pretty boho!

Jae said...

*both lol

Marisa said...

K thanks, I checked those fashion blogs and let me just say... no one is as good as you for interesting stuff and readability, plus as far as "modest, mom-ish bohemian" goes, I might start my own blog. No, I'm too irresponsible for that.

Jae said...

Um, Marisa you are my new best friend.

Jessica said...

I love your shirt very much.
So stylish!

Anonymous said...

I love all details that you give in your articles.bubblegum casting reviews

Isabell Kiral said...

Such kind of dresses are very nice and attractive and many women like these dresses. Women think that through beautiful dresses, they look more attractive. Dissertation writing service.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.