What I Wore: Peplum Love

Monday, July 23, 2012

I finally got to hit the water and try out my wakeboard this weekend, but I am paying for it this morning! So... sore... On the bright side, I actually got up quickly and was spared the humiliation of bugging my husband for a new wakeboard and then not actually being able to use it because I'm too spastic. Bam!

Since I spent all Saturday in a swimsuit, it was nice to dress like a normal human being on Sunday. Sometimes dressing up just feels good.

Photobucket
Top: c/o/ mod bod
Skirt: Downeast
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Local craft fair (Plunder Jewelry)
Ring: F21
Bracelet: Gift from my mamadukes.

This skirt has a MAJOR peplum detail and it was giving me like, major anxiety yesterday. I asked my husband like, 600 times if it was too crazy. He's literally the most conservative person on the planet, so once he said he liked it, I felt better. I have a peplum cocktail dress, but it's like 5 percent of the extra fabric that this sucker has.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I will say right now, if you're hypersensitive about your hips, something like this might wig you out. It's like a lighted sign that says "LOOKIE HERE!" A smaller peplum will probably be more livable. In the end, I decided it was fun and was happy with the way it looked. Next I want to try it with a chambray shirt or something.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Slightly obsessed with the color of these shoes and this crazy necklace I picked up at a local festival over the weekend. Those giant pearls make me die.

Of course, after this I shucked off the skirt for shorts and spent the rest of the day watching The Bachelorette. LOVE that my fave won. Please tell me I wasn't the only one ignoring my family for three hours last night.

7 comments:

*~LeLa~* said...

I actually love this! I have big hips but I might try to find something that works!

Anonymous said...

You look adorable.

Also, I've discovered that I rather love the word "peplum."

--Nora

Katrina said...

Peplum is hot this summer.
Chanel has a collection of peplum, which is so gorgeous.
And the one you are wearing is also very beautiful. I love the color.

Jae said...

Seriously. Next child... Naming it peplum. Boy or girl.

Anonymous said...

Haha. Peplum is my daughters made up word she uses all the time. She's 2 with a great vocabulary but I hear her saying "ok peplum...ohhhh peplum...." all the time. So hilarious. Oh and I love the skirt :)

Cindy said...

You are so pretty and sylish! I love your blog. I'm always looking on where to find modest clothes or put together outfits. Lately I'm crazy about http://www.empresscouture.com but love reading blogs to get ideas for inspiration for modest outfits! You are an inspiration! xx

Rida said...

My husband like me in cocktail dresses with stylish colours and design he buy self for me.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.