What I Wore: Crowd Pleaser

Monday, July 30, 2012

So I wore this dress while hanging out with my family on Saturday and had like 63 people comment on it. We went to the farmer's market and out to dinner, which is pretty normal Saturdayness for us. Even the guy making my salad at Cafe Rio was like "Nice dress," which is one of the weirder things that's happened to me at Cafe Rio. I just got all awkward and asked for black beans.

Anyway, I hereby dub this dress the "crowd pleaser" and intend to wear it as much as humanly possible.

Photobucket
Dress: Chris & Carol (I bought it locally at My Sister's Closet but lots of smaller boutiques carry C&C stuff)
Button down: paper tee
Sandals: Soda
Earrings: Downeast
Sunglasses: Relic

Photobucket

I like this dress way better with a crisp white button down than with the cardi that I wore it with on my bday (I'm wearing this dress in that picture with my wakeboard)

Seriously, it's just happy and awesome and a nice change from the same old sweater over dress combo.

Photobucket
Right?

Even my son agreed.

Photobucket
I believe that is called a "quizzical brow."

Anyway, moral of the story here: Maxi dress + button down = cute summer outfit and compliments from strange men who make salads. Seriously; try it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see how this would be a crowd-pleaser. It's like, Snickers is to Halloween candy what your dress is to maxi-dresses. Guaranteed happiness.

--Nora Bee

Anonymous said...

Also, Mr. Blue Eyes is a doll.

Jae said...

Haha that might be the best analogy I've ever heard.

Nicole said...

love the dress!

weird though that the stripes are matched on one side but not the other.

Jae said...

lol I decided it was "charming"

Karen said...

Times like these I feel for humanity - it is not fair that I cannot find this dress in Australia. Just not fair at all. I LOVE it and it looks fab on you

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.