What I Wore: Arrested Development

Monday, January 5, 2015

Let it be know that this is a post about stunted growth, and not about Arrested Development the show. Which I really loved. Until that Netflix-produced last season, which was terrible. But everything before that. I positively worship Lucille as a matriarch. And loose seals as antagonists.

And if you never watched, you'd have no idea what I'm talking about.

But, luckily, this post is just about me looking very short and clinging to things I thought were cool in like, 1999. Do you ever find yourself doing that? You loved something when you were younger, but for whatever reason it was off-limits, so you end up overdoing it as an adult? I have four brothers, so growing up I never shopped or did anything very girly. I played sports and shared clothes with one of my younger brothers. I wore a lot of backwards hats also and rode bikes.

I'm girlier now and am way on the other side of the shopping spectrum, which I suspect there's probably some psycho-babble about me making up for lost time as a kid or something like that.

But I still love dressing like a tomboy sometimes. And I'm still more comfortable around men than women. And I wear a lot of ball caps, but never backwards. But last time I rode a bike at my parents' house, I fell off of it in front of traffic. So I'll just stick to the clothes.

Top: Victoria's Secret (here) I've bought like, 90 of these recently because they're super comfy and I like the fit. Size down, though, this was an XS. And it was way cheaper in store (if you live in Utah County, the Riverwoods store is your best bet).
Pants: Calvin Klein (here) I'm taking one of my oldest friends shopping for her bday today and these jeans are on the top of the list. I'm on my 3rd pair. 
Shoes - can I call them kicks? They're totally kicks. Nike (here in gray)
Watch: XOXO (similar)
Studs: F21

I've been living in these Nikes over the break, just because they were so comfy and paired up with jeans and leather pants in the perfect tomboy way. What can I say? I've never matured past my 16-year-old self.

I also still giggle when people say "balls." 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I giggle when people say "penal code."

I love your kicks! How fun.

Jae said...

Hahahaha NORA! Agreed.

Allison Hill said...

In that same vein-pandemonium erupted a few weeks ago when my the teacher in my 11yo's primary class at church asked if anyone knew what a "sackbutt" was. He was shocked SHOCKED I tell you, at the giggles and outbursts. (Apparently it's an ancient trombone) hee hee... ...sackbutt...

Unknown said...

My husband and I usually speak in Spanish to each other unless other people are around us, but occasionally will say Gracias or something simple to understand. Our Scottish nephews think it's HILARIOUS to hear Gracias because to them we are saying grassy ass. I would judge but I am worse than they are.

My sisters both have wedge trainers but I am not sure about these at all, although I do like the tomboy look.

Jennifer Wells said...

Also, my nine year old son heard the word "Aspberger's" on the radio the other day, and was quite shocked.

"Mom!" he said, "Did you hear what they just said? On the radio?"

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.