What I Wore: Rain, Rain

Monday, September 29, 2014

Don't worry guys, I'm sufficiently calmed down from my picture day-related tantrum, thanks to a relaxed weekend. My husband took our son camping, so my daughter and I went out shopping and stayed up till like, 2 am watching Freaky Friday (see what I did there, though?) and sleeping in. Then, Saturday was rainy. Like, all day. My husband calls that "Toronto rain" because usually, Utah will get a psychotic 10-minute downpour and then be sunny for the rest of the day, unlike Toronto, where it will drizzle and rain all day until your hair is ruined. That was what it was like yesterday. 

Since it was rainy, there was nothing to do but nap while my husband and his dad installed our new range hood. And with that, our little kitchen makeover is officially finished, hallelujah. 

We also saw a movie and grabbed a bite to eat, all while running to and from the car because it didn't stop raining until like, midnight. 

Apparently, I dressed to match (and was pretty excited to finally wear some of my fall clothes).

Sweater: Calvin Klein (here) (similar) (similar)
Pants: Calvin Klein (here) (similar) (love these)
Boots: Frye (here) These boots were an investment, but I love them more every time I put them on. No regrets here. (similar) (pretty!)

This whole week is supposed to be cold and drizzly (yaaassssssss) so I might finally be able to take the tags off of my fall clothes, which excites me more than anything really should. Seriously, if I could set the thermostat for the entire world, it would be 65, partly cloudy and a smidge rainy. Hey, once a Torontonian, always a Torontonian. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg I feel like I am the only person in the world who loves no-weather weather, until now! My favourite day is one where it's light grey, with no wind and a mild temperature. Except on a Friday, when for some inexplicable reason I love it to be rainy (cosy at work, and cosy at home hurrah!). I have been too excited about wearing autumn clothes too, it's almost time to buy my winter coat. Happiness.

Anonymous said...

Um...I need to see pictures of your kitchen. PRONTO!

Jennifer Wells said...

Rebecca, I second that! I'm sure it's gorgeous.

Also, love your outfit! I did a little shopping yesterday, too, I want plum and teal in my autumn wardrobe.

Jae said...

Ooh I need to post some! We just upgraded all of our appliances and went with an industrial look and I am super happy. And I've cooked like, 5 times which is probably more than all of last month... so a good thing? lol!

Allison Hill said...

Yes to all of that! Must see pics and also jealous of your fall weather. It is starting to smell like fall here so I'm wearing fall colors even if it's too hot yet for real fall clothes.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.