Stuff I Bought (Fall 2014 Edition)

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ah, back to blogging. I think I've finally caught up on all the craziness that was left in the wake of two weeks off. But I really do love sitting down and pecking away at my computer all morning.

I tend to head up to my hometown in fall for a few different reasons: Ontario really knows how to do the "fall" thing, whereas Utah will remain firmly ensconced in the devil's armpit for another month. But also, I like to do a crapload of fall shopping up there. And while (believe it or not) Utah does have some pretty good shopping, my parents live just outside of Toronto, which is kind of a shopping mecca.

I went three times.

I've been studiously building out my fall wardrobe with dark colors, thicker textures (read: leather everything) and boots, so I thought I'd share some of the latest stuff I've picked up.

First, this dress:



It's super on sale and while the sizes are limited, I was able to size down like, three sizes for this one (WHBM does the most ridiculous vanity sizing in the industry). I can't wait to pair it with my red and gold Guess heels around the holidays.

I also grabbed a bunch or shirts. I mainly focused on easy tops I could throw on with a pair of jeans or boots, but also wear with a skirt.













(here)













(here)

PS I bought that black shirt in gray too. Because you know, moderation and such. I also got this sweater to wear with skinny jeans and flats. Or my Fryes. Either way.


















Now, some stuff that I bought in Canada I can't find online. Because it's Canadian. So I took some low-quality pictures and you can find similar stateside options below:

 You know I had to force some leopard in there. But this is exaggerated, so it's not as obvious. So I had to buy it. 
I bought this shirt solely because it had a zipper front.  

This kensie bomber jacket looks super cool with skinny black pants and the sleeves pushed up. I die. (Similar, similar, similar)

 Love these with a cuffed dark skinny. I actually wore that with the red top up there for a dinner out with my cousins in Canada. Aaaaand it started pouring rain and I got these soaking wet. There's the advantage to not buying real suede, folks. They dried off totally fine.

I also got these babies in the mail today, which I plan to wear with my leather pants and gray jeans so I can act like I'm the cool mom. I am sorely tempted to buy them in stone too. Arg. 


I filled in my shopping binge with a couple of pairs of pants, which aren't interesting at all. I feel like there was a clear trend in my shopping this fall: I'm into black and gray, with moto-style influences right now. Because really, who wants to wear hot pink in November? 

Other than Betsey Johnson.

I'm still on the hunt for some T-strap heels and I'd like a pair of moto pants, so if you have any ideas you could point me toward, I'd love you forever.

What are you looking for this fall? 



8 comments:

Unknown said...

We could be sisters separated at birth, Jae. (I'm the much older one.) Moto style, leather, plaid, boots - check, check, check and check. I even bought a similar dress, except mine is dark floral instead of stripes.

Unknown said...

I am SO excited that it's autumn, always the best dressed season! I just bought the most beautiful brown, flat ankle boots with buckles and straps everywhere and I also just bought burgundy jeggings. Actually, I really need some advice, Jae! This is the first cold season in which I will be attempting to wear jeggings or skinny jeans. I am all set with footwear but need advice on what tops to wear that cover ahem, one's lady parts as I did not want camelwhathaveyou (blush). The thing is that I am a teeny 5 foot 4, am curvy and have jessica rabbit's chest size. If I wear chunky jumpers I look like a giant sheep walking on its back legs, but if I wear tunic tops my legs are about 6 inches long! Pleeeeease help me, Jae! Also I am a modest dresser and cannot have my cleavage greeting innocent bystanders as I mosey on past! Is there hope or should I go into hibernation?

Jae said...

Avril, I have burgundy jeggings too (twinners!) and I actually wore them with boots and the gray version of that long-sleeved CK top up there. It's got just enough length, but it still really sleek so I felt totally covered. I also like them with chiffon, looser tops too. Because the pants are tight, you can add a little volume on top and it's totally fine.

Linda, yes! Moto style for life!

Allison Hill said...

I need those strappy boots in my life. And a jacket to go with them so they're not lonely.

Jae said...

A leather jacket? Yes. Yes please. I also *just* (I mean, in the last 12 hours) bought these pants to go with them:
http://www.hm.com/us/product/21684?article=21684-A&cm_mmc=pla-_-us-_-jeans_skinny_moreskinny-_-21684&gclid=CjwKEAjwheqgBRD5vOfR45az5AESJABy4m8-LX8kiG1sHiYOXOXIb2E1Q0zlX2CpzJIEPRov4-OcDhoCHiHw_wcB

I have no idea if they'll fit, but we shall see. lol.

Katie said...

I NEED that snake print top ASAP! Also, to Avril, I am 5'4" and curvy too. Go with skinny jeans or ponte pants that are a heavier fabric and have pockets, normal zip and button fly. That way you won't have to worry about covering up your lady bits as much but still get the same look as leggings. I like Jae's idea to wear a chiffon blouse.

Jae, do I get your stamp of approval for my advice? :)

Jae said...

Boom, Katie, that was perfect. Oh, I also always wear pants with back pockets, even if they're jeggings or leggings. No pockets = saggy sadbum.

So basically, everyone here is 5'4" and curvy? lol. Unite!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jae and Katie! You have made me plan a stealth trip to the shops. In other news I have just bought a Bombshell by Katya Wildman dress, you HAVE to check this out, Jae, you will cry when you see the dress!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.