What I Wore: Cleaned Up

Monday, September 22, 2014

My weekend ended up being bananas. Purchasing appliances has somehow turned into a minor kitchen reno (let's add pendant lights! and a new hood! and new decor!), so my house has been a total construction zone. Luckily, everything is now in its place and we're just waiting for the range hood to show up and get installed and we should be done with it.

It's been eight years since we built our home (seriously, we were baby fetuses when we built and had no idea what we were getting ourselves into) and we've always talked about doing it again, but in a dishwasher-ignited rage, I reminded my husband that we are never, EVER building again. Ugh, I'll put up with anything if it means I don't have to go searching for a screwdriver again. Our house is very quirky (thanks, logs) and nothing is standard, so we spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to make things work. Yesterday, all the guys in my husbands family had to come over and lift our new fridge over our bar because the honkin' huge load-bearing log by the kitchen meant we couldn't just roll it in. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

After a weekend spent covered in dust and impatience, it's nice to see myself all cleaned up, even if it's just a super simple outfit. I have, however, been rocking my specs all weekend as well. Sometimes, contacts (or in my case, a contact) just isn't in the cards.

Shirt: Calvin Klein - (They don't have this print anymore, but this is the fit. (Similar) (love this)
Skirt: Calvin Klein ugh I need to stop shopping CK this is getting ridiculous. (Here) (OMG they have it in pleated) (Cheap!)
Shoes: MIA (here) (similar) (in red? I die) These shoes have been so versatile it's not even funny.
Watch: (here)



Now it's time to dig my poor house out of this haze of dust and broken glass shards. So it's back to messy clothes and an artfully arranged bun. At least until tomorrow anyway. Ah, the life of chronic DIYer's wife. 

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful outfit! And I love the glasses. :)

Jennifer Wells said...

It's like your shoes are an attractive woman in a short skirt, and I'm a guy trying not to get in a car accident.

By the way, did I mention I like your shoes?

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.