Freaky Friday

Friday, September 19, 2014

You guys, I'm excited about grownup things today. Not *that* grownup. Get your mind out of the gutter. But finally, after a forever-long wait, my appliances are being installed. And after my new gas range was popped into place last night, I realized that I now need to go buy grownup cooking utensils. Sadly, the $50 pots and pans I got for my wedding shower 11 years ago won't cut it anymore (plus they're all dented and missing the lids somehow and I just can't shame my pretty new range with that garbage).

So that's on my list today: Buying pots and a new microwave. And I'm actually excited about that, so I guess I'm officially 30 now.

I also have a fun night with my hospital volunteer friends planned: Once a year we get together and prep stuff for the holidays and order in food and work into the wee hours of the morning and are just generally ridiculous.

Ugh Friday, you never disappoint.


So THAT'S what I'm missing from my workouts: Disco!

(Also, is it me or does this model look like a less coked-out Lindsay Lohan? Oh, she would have been so pretty). 


 Rebecca was boot shopping and sent over these beauties, which look like a stoner poncho but for feet, so even your shoes look like your life is going nowhere. 


 Bethany sent over this super special billiards dress, which is not two words I would usually put together. But my favorite part is the search term in the screenshot: Bethany, you must explain yourself immediately. 


 I've been lazily keeping track of the Fashion Week(s) hubbub and I feel like every blogger ever is shoving lace-up heels in my face. I'm sorry, but I've never seen someone wearing these shoes and thought "Wow, she sure doesn't look like a hooker." I haaaaate them. And this is coming from a diehard shoe lover. 

 Kim and Kanye: When your faces are emblazoned on what appears to be a child's macaroni-based Mother's Day present for her mom, you know you've finally made it. 

 Party in the front. But also party in the back? And party in the boobs. So basically wear this if you want to appear intellectual.

Also, this dress is called "Do Not Attempt," which I feel like is sending me really mixed messages. So wait, I shouldn't buy this dress? So we agree then. 
Dear Sperry:
I don't know what the crap this boot, boat shoe, leopard hybrid is, but it stops now. 


 Now at Chicos: Sassy clown pants for the over 60 set. 

Beth sent me these shoes, which are apparently trying to out-ugly Crocs and doing a stupendous job, really. 


Alright, I still have to get through a workout before I can throw my hands in the air like I just don't care and go shopping for kitchen supplies like a boss. Hope your Friday is equally as scintillating!


2 comments:

Bethany Carpenter said...

It's not what you think! Lol
A friend had seen someone wearing something like that and didn't have a chance to take a picture! So naturally I had to try and find something similar and that's when the billierds dress popped up!

Jae said...

Haha I figured it was intentional and to find something horrible lol! It just made me laugh!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.