Extreme Vacationing 2014

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I was so anxious to get home yesterday -- I'm a girl who loves routines and schedules -- that my husband and I decided it was a good thing. Hey, I like my regular life enough to crave it when I'm gone, so that's an awesome sign right?


After spending a week in Canada with my family, I flew my kids home in the wee hours of the morning, we packed up the boat and we left to Lake Powell the very same day and it was insane. LP is four hours away and it isn't exactly stress-free on the first day: I had to launch the boat solo, which isn't exactly my forte in life. Luckily, being tired didn't hit until like, two days into the trip that the tiredness set in, after which I spent hours sleeping and reading while floating around. Seriously, I read three books in the space of four days. 

I also did a ton of wakeboarding, which is totally my favorite, despite the fact that I injured myself repeatedly. What is wrong with me? I'm like "Wow, that felt like dying. Let's go one more time." 

For now, I have a long catch-up list and a couple of conference calls scheduled, so I'll work on that before I start posting again tomorrow. Let's just say I've done a lot of shopping lately and that needs to be addressed in a post. 

You can check out my travels (and my new fave shirt) on Instagram

Basically, I'm deliriously happy to be home and in my own bed after two weeks away. I'm also happy to be done with the guilt that came from taking my kids out of school and feeling their teachers' disapproval as well. When I told my daughter that one of her classmates was also on vacation for a week, she said "Oh, so you're not the only bad mom?"

She's eight. 

And no, I am not. Take that, education! 

1 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

Don't get me wrong, I know that it's important for kids to be in school, but teachers need to understand that your family lives in a whole other country, and you need to visit them. My parents are 8 hours away, and I do all I can to make sure that my children see them so that there's a bond there.

Oh no, I just got weird. Sorry.

Anyway, I love your tomboyish attitude towards wakeboarding.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.