What I Wore: Remix

Monday, April 21, 2014

How was everyone's Easter weekend? I would like to point out that growing up in Canada, Easter constituted a four-day weekend. Here in the States, it's a measly two. I mean, I'm not saying Canada's a better country but it is.

(Said the person who is right in the middle of filling out her U.S. citizen paperwork ugh)

We had an awesome weekend where we just loafed around and went out to brunch and saw a movie and hung out and that's exactly what I want out of my weekends. And I made a delicious ham for dinner last night and the leftovers are calling to me. Don't worry, my pretties. You will be in an omelet soon.

And sorry that my last FOUR outfits have been skirt-based. That's all I've been wearing with the weather so nice!

 Skirt: Old Navy yes I'm wearing it again (here) (plus)
Tank: Gap - I own like, 6 of these (here)
Chambray: Gap (similar) (similar) (plus)
Shoes: Roxy (here
Watch, bracelets: XOXO (how fun is this!?), gift, Buckle (similar)
Earrings: F21

I'm super into the big shirt/skirt combo right now and have been living in it while I still can. Because summers here are hot and I'll be strictly one layer then. I wore this when I had to take my kids to the mall and then run some various errands. And NO I didn't shop for myself, yeesh. 

Also, I'm super glad I bought a couple of these skirts because they've been very versatile. There was some questions among my friends on fit and length. This is a regular small, but some of my friends preferred a tall for longer length, so there's something to consider if you're thinking of grabbing a couple for summer. Which I recommend you do.

 Shoe shot!! Everyone should have a pair of casual shoes that work as flip flop alternatives. I've been wearing these with shorts and Bermudas.

This chambray has a railroad stripe that makes it ah-mah-zing for pattern mixing, since it's not like, totally in your face. 

OK, I've got to get a kid to preschool so I have to get a move on. And it's supposed to be 80 today so I don't expect to be back at my computer any time soon. Monday, I'll take it!

6 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

I bought two big shirts this weekend, one in a darker chambray and one that is just a plain, white, cotton button-down. To make my inner 90s girl happy.

Jae said...

Um, big shirts are awesome! You seriously can't go wrong. I love mine with Bermuda shorts too.

Allison Hill said...

4 day weekend here--but the south feels like a different country sometimes! I feel embarrassed commenting on your blog today because I think my outfit sucks...but at least my shoes are amazing so no one is looking at anything else!

Jae said...

No worries, Allison -- I totally went to the grocery store in workout clothes today so I'm not much better. Can't win 'em all AND as long as the shoes are cute, it's totally a pass.

Jannah said...

I'm wearing that exact skirt now! Love it and I have the blue and white striped one. 7 months pregnant and they are still comfy over my belly!

Joe Blow said...

You look so pretty in that outfit, saw these pictures and had a massive orgasm

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.