Freaky Friday

Friday, April 4, 2014

Good news, guys! I actually didn't blow it too bad yesterday. I bought a couple shirts and like, a sports bra, so I feel that it was minimalist. I am jealous of one of my friends, though -- she found some awesome boots and a leather jacket and those are actually two of my faaaaavorite things to shop for. But I couldn't justify more leather jackets and more boots, so maybe failing my shopping diet was a good thing?

Anyway, for now I'll be wearing stuff I already own. That I've never worn before. UGH. Also, spring break is next week and I've been researching stuff to do all morning. What do you guys do with your kids!?

For now I'll just pretend like it's not happening. Cool? Cool. 

 These were marketed as gym wear. To that I saw I DARE YOU to wear these to the gym. Seriously. I want to see them flapping in the wind on the treadmill. 

And then I want you to grant me a wish.

 "I give up" sweatpants give up.

Yusssss pants that double as a bag and diaper genie together? LOVE. 

 This shirt is perplexing to me. Maybe because it has lace, puffy sleeves, a weird detached collar and the stylist was still like "Hm, know what this needs? An unnecessarily busy statement necklace GO."
"Honey, I know you want to go to the pool, but mommy needs 57 minutes to lace up her douchey gladiator sandals!" 

 Here's a good fashion tip: When you get dressed, look in the mirror and see where your eye is initially drawn. If it's to a feature you love, then you're doing it right. But if your eye is drawn to the deep abyss of your crotch, you may want to rethink your strategy.

 If jean shorts are jorts, are leather shorts "lorts?" Or just a really bad idea?

 More workout wear. You know, for when you're training to be La Femme Nikita, but like, also want to lose some weight.

 I know Coachella is coming up so we all have to pretend to be interested in dressing like white girl hippies for the next month, but can we talk about these shorts? And how they're actually underwear? And how you might catch an infection from that festival port-a-potty?

Not cute, white girls. 

 "They told me I could be anything... so I literally just became everything." 

Can we make a pact to never show these Pegasus tights to my daughter? Because she's already pretty weird. 


That does it for me this week. I'm going to find something to do that doesn't involve shopping. 

So basically I'll just be at home watching Say Yes to the Dress.

4 comments:

Heidi J said...

LOL douchey gladiator sandals and the deep abyss of your crotch - best Freaky Friday yet. I put together my 50 outfits last night, so hopefully I can avoid shopping too for a while. Thanks for the inspiration (although how WILL I live without new peach diaper/bag pants?!)

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeew, those leather lederhosen things don't even look like real leather. Pleather shorts = plorts. Yes, Avril, the authenticity is the questionable thing here...

Unknown said...

Pegasus tights - awesome.
We drove from Denver to Mt. Rushmore for part of spring break. Last year we didn't go anywhere, but got a new puppy. I'm sure these are not the ideas you are looking for.

Allison Hill said...

As long as you never show those tights to MY daughter, who is also obsessed with ponies, and who would pair them with a long and shapeless blue and black striped cowl-necked shirt that she wears everyday and is SO HORRIBLE I actually hid last time I did laundry...

I will fix her fashion sense one way or the other.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.