What I Wore: Jumping the Gun

Monday, November 25, 2013

 photo photo2_zps20c1d011.jpg
 photo photo3_zps64ee55b3.jpg



Yup, I did it. I jumped the gun. My house is officially Christmas-ized. And I will never get the glitter out of my hair. I've taken like, three showers and I keep finding it in there. Ah well, I'm happy to get it done and that I can focus on the rest of the holidays. I'm super excited for Thanksgiving and not just because of Black Friday. While I already had Canadian Thanksgiving, I still love making my mama's recipes for family down here.

And yes, she wanted to know why I made fun of her on the blog.

And my dad didn't care and asked how to use Microsoft Word.

Anyway, these outfit pics were clearly taken before Christmas barfed on my house. I looove wearing my leather pants with a mid-length boot. It makes them so much less "10 Things I Hate About You" Club Skunk and easier for day-wear. Not that I minded Heath Ledger in leather pants, but that's beside the point.

 photo 014_zps9af4ed99.jpg
Cardigan: I have no idea I bought it in Canada
Boots: Payless (similar) (similar)
Bracelet stack: Gift from brother, Marc Jacobs, local boutique. It's just a literal stack of bracelets.

It's dawning on me that I'll have my kids home for almost a whole week. What am I going to do with them!? We already bought tickets for Frozen on Thursday night -- we always see a movie after Thanksgiving dinner and it's one of my fave traditions ever. Because I hate football and just want to be in a dark place to digest my turkey.

So am I the only one who decorated this weekend? 

8 comments:

Maggie said...

I was going to give in and decorate because my son has been begging me. but then it ended up not happening. lol

I love 10 Things I Hate About You!

Debbi said...

As your Canuck friend, I decorate after November 11. But I don't have the tree up yet, so I'm in that state of perpetual glitter until it's alllllll done.

Jae said...

Oh my house was trashed all weekend. I had glue guns and wreaths and all sorts of crap out. So I had to get everything up so I could shove all the leftover glitter in the basement lol!

Unknown said...

Your place looks awesome! Great job on the decorating.

Jae said...

Thanks! To be fair, it's the only holiday I decorate for, so I feel like it has to be good.

Shari said...

I'm relatively new to your blog so had never seen your home before. I LOVE IT!! Did y'all build it yourselves? We're looking to build a cabin style in the next two years & so excited!

Jennifer Wells said...

It snowed here. While we don't have Christmas decorations up, I've determined to make the best of the weather and start making cookies. Because it makes it seem less like "Eew, winter," and more like, "Ah, cozy."

Jae said...

Shari, we did indeed. And it was CRAZY. We built it like, 5 minutes into our marriage so it was pretty overwhelming for a couple of newlyweds. And I love it. Logs are really quirky and alive so there were some fun adjustments at first, but now we've been in for 7 years and love it. It's practically a part of our family lol!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.