Freaky Friday

Friday, November 22, 2013

So the other day my dad sent me an email with a funny picture. Then, while FaceTiming with my mom, he came in the room and asked if I had seen it. My mom was like "Where did you find that picture, Ricky?" (Yes, my dad's name is Ricky. Not Rick or Richard. Ricky. It's the best.) He was like "Pinterest!" My mom was like "Uh, since when do you use Pinterest?" And he just quietly shuffled out of the room.

Now, you must understand that my parents are the two most unintentionally hilarious people ever. My mom is like hyper-confrontational and opinionated and my dad is a sweet Mr. Magoo type and together, they are awesome and provide endless hours of entertainment for me and my brothers. Observe this exchange which occurred when  watching "Date Night" with my parents, brothers and kids and the strip club scene started.

My Dad: OK, kids, you need to go play somewhere else.
My daughter: Why, Poppy? (I die with cuteness overload because my kids call my dad Poppy)
My Dad: Because this is an adult film.
Me: Um, can we call it a "grownup movie" because I really don't want her telling people we let her watch an adult film.
My Mom: Yeah! Double-XL!!
Me: That's a clothing size. You mean XXX.
My brother: WHY ARE YOU SO OLD?

And yes, Double-XL has in fact made it into the family vocabulary for anything racy.

Anyway, as an ode to my Pinterest-loving dad, I got sucked into the archives over at everyone's favorite everyone-is-better-than-me showcase to find some bad fashion. Let's all say thanks to Ricky for providing this opportunity.

By the way, this is the picture he sent me:


 He's a biker. So naturally when he saw my favorite thing and his favorite thing together, he knew it was a win.

And yes I want one. Can you imagine grocery shopping with that bad boy?

 This is an ostrich feather veil. They use it as torture devices for people whose hands are covered in paint and can't scratch their noses.

 For when you don't have time to touch up your pedicure before you wear heels at the pool like a shmuck.

How to: Tell your mom you're sick of being in charge of bringing rolls to Thanksgiving dinner in a passive aggressive manner. 

 This is how I reacted to these shoes.

An entire statement necklace made from 6-inch geodes? Really? I just...



 In high school I had a pair of clogs (shut up) and when I wore them to class, one of my male friends was like "Well, well, well, look at those clodhoppers" and I never wore them again. But partly because my dog ate them. REGARDLESS, I hear his voice in my head in relation to these shoes.


 Remember when Ann Taylor got busted for grotesquely Photoshopping their models so they looked like weird, skinny aliens? OK, they do that daily. Here, here and here, if you're interested. Just wear this dress and you can skip the Photoshop and look like a skinny linebacker instead.

These would be a nightmare for my creepy little baby hands. And by nightmare I mean full glove.


Alright, thanks to my Dad for inspiring FF today. He's the coolest.

Also, I didn't put up Christmas last week, but it's happening tomorrow. I just bought a new wreath and I like, can't even function right now because I know that I'll be listening to Michael Buble come morning time.


14 comments:

jmleicht said...

Those creepy red face shoes look like something from Beetlejuice or maybe how your shoes feel when your feet are stinky...

Jae said...

Baha I love it! Can you imagine actually sticking your feet in those? I can't even...

Unknown said...

Your dad. Is. Awesome!!!!!!!!

Jae said...

He is pretty cool. And he has a sweet goatee, so double points!

Unknown said...

Your family sounds great - and love the shoemobile!

Christine said...

Hey! My fil's legal name is also Ricky and he too is a biker. Oh, and lives in Canada. You aren't my dh's long lost sister by any chance, are you? Probably not, since you said your dad is a Mr Magoo type, and my fil isn't. And he lives in Alberta not Ontario, but still....

Jae said...

Christine, that's awesome. They are probably long lost BFFs. Actually, my dad is also the type who knows EVERYONE so there's probably a chance they know each other already. I will honestly walk into a bank in my hometown and a teller will be like "Jae! Your dad told me you and your kids were coming for a visit!" and I'm like "Uhhh... hi *looks at name card* Debbie."

Jae said...

PS Plus I Have like, a million brothers and I can barely keep track so I *might* be your dh's long-lost sister.

Anonymous said...

Soooo I may have cried and laughed just a little at this post and... by the way my funnyness is always intentional :-)
Love your mom! And yay! Ricky for the Pinterest pick!!

Jae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

Mom you spelled "funniness" wrong. Stop embarrassing me in front of my friends! *slams bedroom door*

Jennifer Wells said...

This was delightful.

Anonymous said...

That's part of my funniness ...I did it that way on purpose..."and don't you slam your door on me young lady!"

AnaGoridi said...

Hi, I saw this picture on your blog. Don't you happen to remember where you found it back then? I would be very grateful, because this ring is a dead ringer for mine, which was stolen from me a few years ago.
Thanks in advance!
Kind regards, Diana

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.