What I Wore: Neutral Party

Monday, October 7, 2013

It's kind of fitting that I'm posting an all-neutral outfit today, because I'm headed off to Canada for Thanksgiving this afternoon. I credit my traditional, polite, tolerant Canadian upbringing for making me what may be the most neutral party to any political or personal debate of all time. When you're raised with a "Everyone's different, and that's OK" mentality, it's hard to be anything but moderate. I like to stay neutral and hear both sides of the story and even then, it's hard for me to pick a side in just about anything other than my hatred for jumpsuits.

So dressing in neutrals suits me, even if I usually prefer colors. Or colours.

It's the polite way to spell.


Gray tee - Nordstrom (similar)
Jeans: c/o Liverpool Abby fit -- seriously, these are my fave skinny jeans EVER (here)
Boots: Soda (similar) (cheap!) (love these)
Wrap watch: Craft fair
Scarf: H&M - my brother gave it to me! (similar and cheap) (same colors)
Earrings: F21 (similar)

If you're dressing in all neutrals, it helps to bring in some pattern or texture. I love this scarf one of my brothers gave me because it has brown, black and gray in it and therefore matches 99.99 percent of things in my closet. 

That reminds me... I need to pack it. 

I'll be stuffing my face with pie and turkey this week, so it'll be quiet around here. You can follow me via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter if you're desperate for updates and pictures of food, my family and my parent's adorable dog.

Seriously he is so adorable.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in metro Detroit, so going to Canada meant driving south. Ha! Does it get kookier than that?

Anyway, yeah, in my very limited experience, the people did seem a bit mellower.

bashashhazbaz said...

those neutrals look very nice on you! :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.