Freaky Friday

Friday, October 25, 2013

 So am I only one who has kids home from school today? It's a teacher prep day and I think I completely forgot what it's like to try and get things done with kids around the house. So far I've broken up two pony-related fights, fielded questions from my son about which of his 3,000 toys he should give to charity, reminded my daughter that her Halloween party isn't until 6pm tonight so no, she shouldn't get dressed right now, given my kids a stack of craft foam and some blunt scissors to play with and yelled about them leaving me alone for TWO SECONDS like, six times. Also, there are contractors here working on stone exterior, so things are pretty peaceful in general.

Also, I have yet to feed my children breakfast.

But, I have a house that needs a major cleaning and work that needs to be, you know, done. So onward and upward, my friends. Also, let's thank Deb, Catherine, Brenda, JH and Rebecca for sending in all of this awesome Freaky Friday fodder. Ooh alliteration.


 Don't you just love fall, when you can light a fire, make some hot chocolate and then curl up with your man friend and his yarn wig? So cozy!

Also, you know what they say about a guy with big mittens...

...he probably has a well-meaning grandma with eyesight issues. Get your mind out of the gutter.

 JH sent this, saying "Great dress -- if you want to wear a cat smack dab in the middle of your chest."

And WHAT IF I DO, JH? What if I do?

I feel like there's an inspirational message that should go with this picture.
Face your fears!
When life bites, bite back!
A woman's uterus is like an angry shark and if you bug her when she's crampy and on her period, she'll tear you to shreds.

Perfect.



 The dress in the foreground is lovely. The dress in the background... so are we just going to stop even trying to cover the biz while wearing dresses? Does this just make it easier for lady celebs who are going to flash us getting out of cars anyway?
 Because you love bacon and sushi so much you feel the need to wear it on your person at all times.

 Trust me, a person who is this big a fan of fries does not have legs that look like this.

I know because I am that big fan of fries.

My legs do not look like this.
 Oh awesome, a shoe rendition of what I looked like as an award teen in 1999.


At first I was like "Oh no she di-int!" and then I was like "Well of course she did what did you expect?"

PS yes this is Lady Gaga and yes, this is a high fashion chicken suit.


Ughhhh fiiiiine I'll go clean my house now. The glamor! No I can't handle it all!!


5 comments:

Allison Hill said...

Is now a bad time to tell you that that first picture has been my brother's twitter picture for weeks now? What's really freaky is that the model actually looks a LOT like my brother so in the tiny little thumbnail you'd think it really WAS my brother...and be really scared...

Wendy said...

Kids here are out of school today too -- great day to be with dad! Is that girl in the shark dress warning us all that it is...well, you know...'shark week?'

Unknown said...

You picked my picture!! haha

I saw the shark dress and immediately thought of you. I was like, "I have to send this to Jae for Freaky Friday!"

Heather said...

"So far I've broken up two pony-related fights, fielded questions from my son about which of his 3,000 toys he should give to charity, reminded my daughter that her Halloween party isn't until 6pm tonight so no, she shouldn't get dressed right now, given my kids a stack of craft foam and some blunt scissors to play with and yelled about them leaving me al'one for TWO SECONDS like, six times."

This is exactly what being a 1st grade teacher is like, but times 20.

jhon said...

Nice Post Love Reading It

Leather Womens Bombers

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.