Freaky Friday

Friday, October 4, 2013

I woke up this morning to snow on my lawn! That's what happens when you live on the side of a mountain, people. This place has no subtle descent into winter... just blazing heat giving way to freezing cold. I'm headed up to the Great White North to warm up next week, thankfully.

Also, may I remind you that it's October and you know what that means -- trashy Halloween costumes! I've already had submissions, so if you're looking around and see some insanely trashy costumes, send 'em my way for the Annual Trashy Halloween Costume Contest. If I get doubles, the first person who sent it gets the entry and we'll all get to snark on them come the 31st.

But for now, here's some fun of the mill freakiness for you.

 See, the length says "shirt", but the lack of pants say "dress."

And also "I'm desperate for attention."

Maggie sent me these boots which, if you'll notice HAVE HEADS INSIDE OF THEM. Like, I have a 7-year-old daughter and therefore a lot of misplaced Barbie heads over the years, but never once have I fantasized about wearing them. I would caution you against people that do.


 Why would I pay for this necklace when my son can make me one out of Twizzlers Pull n' Peel at preschool?

 Nice try, winter boots. Your leopard print doesn't fool me. You're still frumpy.

Sara sent me these boots which were on a site well-known for catering to moms. Because when I think of "mom," I think of completely nonfunctional work boots tottering around the carpool pickup line.


So my husband and I have this theory that like, 80 percent of women who profess to like sports do it because they like the attention it gets from guys. I would apply this theory to Star Trek as well.

I'm onto you! (Cue angry comments).

I saw this and it seemed familiar and I couldn't figure out why.

Oh, it's because it looks like the best movie ever made THAT'S WHY
 photo 10-things-i-hate-about-you-quotes-7_zpsf59413e2.gif













("I want you to wear the belly." GASP "Daddy no!")

Ask me if I can quote this entire movie. I dare you.

Once my best friend and I watched it three times in one day. I'm not proud.



8 comments:

Jenna Foote said...

Re: the ambiguous dress/shirt -- There could be shorty-shorts under there YOU DON'T KNOW.

Jae said...

Sometimes, I don't want to know.

Unknown said...

OMGOSH I literally JUST watched that movie for the very.first.time. on Monday. So funny!

Anyway - I agree with you about the 80% of women who claim to like sports. I love love LOVE football and bleed orange and blue. It's always amusing to watch with other women who try so darn hard to act interested. Just pass me my wings and move out of the way, princess!

:)

Jae said...

HOW did you just watch it on Monday!?

And I know you're a true fan! That's why I have to leave a 20 percent margin for the real ones ;)

Unknown said...

Lol! I loved that movie too. Ah... Heath Ledger.
How wrong is it that I might consider those leopard snow boots?? Good thing it doesn't snow where I live or maybe you would come slap me. haha!

Micha said...

I cannot quit laughing over the Barbie heads!!! Perhaps the strangest recycling idea ever.

Meleah said...

I LOVE 10 Things I Hate About You and can quote the entire thing as well... along with She's All That... yup, I'm a freak. :)

bequi said...

This is how you know a true Star Trek nerd:

She's not even doing the hand signal right! Her thumb isn't supposed to be across her hand!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.