What I Wore: Casual Monday

Monday, October 28, 2013





Housekeeping notes, guys!

Today is the last day I'll accept entries for the Annual Trashy Halloween Costume Contest. The actual voting will begin on Wednesday and the winner will be announced Friday. So if you've seen any terrible costumes in your web searches lately, send 'em on over. We have some doozies this year already.

Although I will say I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of trashy costumes I've seen this year. There have been a lot more clever costumes than trashy. And, if you're keeping track, "clever" is nearly always better than "trashy."

I'm not sure if I'm dressing up this year. It seems like I've been in Halloween mode since last week and with all of the parties and festivals and events I'm kinda 'weened out. Plus there was Hipstergate last year and heaven forbid someone think I'm culturally insensitive toward hipsters again.


(PS I am, in fact, highly culturally insensitive to hipsters.)


Case in point: These glasses are definitely prescription.


Graphic tee: Victoria's Secret (similar) (I'm def. buying this) (cute)
Jacket: Guess (similar) (way cheaper) (in brown)
Jeans: Liverpool Abby Skinny (here)
Boots: Payless (similar) (these are boss too)
Scarf: I have no idea (but here's something similar)

This is what you'll find me in most weekdays. Sans jewelry and in some sort of combination between jeans, boots and a leather jacket because I have this rare illness where I can't stop buying them no matter what. This is my favorite jacket by far -- super soft, cool collar detail and pockets for freezing cold mornings which are very quickly approaching. 

And while I wear contacts (contact actually because I just wear one) most every day, sometimes I can't be bothered and my glasses find their way on my face. Mostly because I can't drive without them. Seriously, my eyesight is laughably bad. I went through a long period where I refused to wear glasses. I had bad memories of the bright purple plastic specs I had in elementary school. I used to hide them around the house and my dad would find them and bring them to me at school EVERY TIME. 

I'm not anti-glasses anymore. Now they're a nice change when I don't want to poke at my eye first thing in the morning. 

Yes, I'm wearing them right now.

OK, last call: Send your trashy finds in and we'll have some fun this week.

6 comments:

Candi said...

Just read through the "Hipstergate" comments. I sooooo needed a good laugh this fine Monday morning. Thank you, Anonymous! And thank you, insensitive Jae. ;) HAHA!

Jae said...

I think it's one of my favorites, next to the time I got in trouble for saying Yoko Ono was a "groupie."

Val said...

Those Hipstergate comments were great! Made my day!

Jennifer Wells said...

This is the first I knew of Hipstergate. I'm really surprised. Were I a hipster, (I'm getting sick of that word) my reaction would either be:

A. A slightly sheepish, "Hmm, I guess I do those things sometimes," and a shrug.

or

B. Laughing at myself.

Odd indeed.

Jae said...

Nora, so you're saying you *wouldn't* start a crusade on a website for moms with someone who doesn't care?

That's weird.

Jennifer Wells said...

Jae, I'm sick of you being jealous and insecure. In 6 months, you'll be copying me.

* EYE ROLL *

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.