What I Wore: Heat Wave

Monday, July 1, 2013

You guys, I'm sorry all of my outfit posts are in dresses and skirts, but the West is in the middle of an actual heat wave -- I think Friday was up in the 105's and that's gross. So I've been living in skirts and sandals because I can't even wear heels right now. They do that sweaty thing where your foot slides to the front of the shoe and it hurts. Aren't you glad I gave you that visual on a Monday morning?

 Chambray: Streetwear Society (similar)
Skirt: Olsenboye (love this one) (cheaper) (obsessed with this color)

Seriously, that's it. Four pieces and I'm maxed out when it's that hot outside. I also love that when you wear gem-my shoes and a necklace, you don't need any other bells and whistles. Plus wearing bells and whistles would be weird.

Also, tulle-y skirts are the best for the heat. This one was so flowy and lovely and I didn't want to peel my skin off when wearing it outside. WIN.


Are you guys all melting where you are too? I had a big Canada Day celebration planned with my Canuck friends and my daughter woke up with a fever. Sooo plans are scrapped in favor of air conditioning and movies today. But happy Canada Day to my friends in the North anyway. I shall eat some poutine to honor the special occasion because I'm festive like that.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

What section of west are you in? (North, mid, I'm assuming not south since you snow lol) I'm in central Ish cali and it's supposed to hit 112 here. Ick.

Jae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

I'm in Northern Utah so it's usually pretty mild here. Southern Utah gets the hot temps. But everywhere is GROSS right now. lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel so sorry for the heat-wave people. I live in northern Indiana, and even though this year has been mild, last year we had a miserable drought. It was just awful. I hope things turn around soon for you.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.