What I Wore: Old-Fashioned

Monday, July 22, 2013

So, I was shopping over the weekend (yes, I know) and I didn't find a ton that I loved. Like, I know that flowy and mint and coral and chevron is all so hot right now but  I"m starting to feel like EVERYTHING is the same. So I came home and decided to kick it old school with structured fabrics and primary colors instead. Does that count as old-fashioned yet?

Dress: Romy (I think it's a regional store) (similar) (this one too!)
Necklace: Plunder (here!) They're a local company and I heart them.
Ring, Bracelet: F21

The only thing I ended up buying was the necklace. Hey, I love mint and coral as much as the next girl, but I'm more of a fall person. I found myself whining about the heat the other day just for the fact that it prevented me from wearing blazers and leather jackets. Oh, how I miss them. First world problems all day. 

What do you guys think about the coral/mind/floral/lavender/mustard/chevron explosion? Yay or nay? 

7 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

Trying to explain fashion to me is like telling your husband how to do jobs around the house that you normally do yourself. Don't expect me to have a clue, or know how to find anything. That's why I read this blog. If I try to figure out "why," something is acceptable to wear now but wasn't okay last year, my head will explode.

That's my way of saying, "Uh, sure I'll wear Chevron!" Hopefully my obliviousness will be endearing. Like Julia Roberts' character from Pretty Woman trying to figure out which fork to use at dinner. I'll watch what other people are doing and try not to draw attention to myself.

bashashhazbaz said...

and you look quite lovely!

Jae said...

Aw, thanks!

Nora, I don't love to follow the trends too much. I feel like I pretty much dress the same way from season to season and just add in cute pieces when they crop up. But I feel like lately every store carries the exact same stuff! I want something to get excited about! lol

Jennifer Wells said...

And yes, Jae does look quite lovely.

Nathaly Blalock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathaly Blalock said...

(Previous comment deleted for typos.)

I never jumped on the chevron bandwagon because it made me feel like a poser. Like, if it wasn't plastered everywhere in fashion, home decor, and even photography blog backgrounds, I wouldn't be drawn to it. So I felt like if I jumped on it, it would be just because everyone else is doing it. However, I have always loved mint (and coral...have a picture of myself wearing a mint and coral dress when I was 6...TREND SETTER, lol), so that one I'm cool with. But yeah, it's definitely eeeeverywhere, to the point that I'm considering returning a mint dress I bought because I'm like, "If I wear this next spring am I going to be super outdated?" I think about stuff like that. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME.

And you look fab, especially the hair!! Love.

Unknown said...

www0817
valentino
moncler online outlet
issey miyake perfume
skechers shoes
uggs outlet
moncler jackets
nike outlet store
adidas nmd runner
ray ban sunglasses
canada goose outlet

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.