What I Wore: Color Culture

Monday, July 29, 2013

 On Friday I was desperately searching for something to keep my kids occupied when I found out that the local art museum had an exhibit of sculptures made from machinery and found metals. My son is the biggest machine head that ever walked the planet so I packed 'em up and we spent the afternoon at the museum. I felt so cultured. And to be honest, when I shlepping kids, I'm strictly tees and jeans -- lest you think I toddle around in heels and pencil skirts all day.

 Shirt: GAP (here)
Jeans: Calvin Klein (in white) (and teal) (and yes, red)
Belt: I stole it from my brother. 
Shoes: Roxy (similar) mine have a slight wedge
Bracelet, watch, rings: The marina at Lake Powell, XOXO, Inspired Silver and Tiffany, respectively

I find that if I'm wearing really plain clothes, using bright colors makes it look less like I put zero effort into my appearance. I'm really into bright red and teal. If I was American it'd almost be patriotic.


Not gonna lie, though, I spent the rest of the day with a hat jammed on my head. It came in handy while my kids were playing in the completely empty children's area of the museum basement. I pulled it over my eyes and kicked back on the couch while they played with blocks. MOM WIN.


Today I have exciting things like going to the bank and dropping stuff off to the library -- late, as usual. My life is pretty glam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mocs! I love them so much. They seem like casual 1950s wear, like a photo I once saw of Grace Kelly wearing a prepster button down shirt, cuffed pants and I think loafers. Loafers are not mocs, but they match the spirit of the picture I'm talking about. I am also unable to procure said photograph in order to prove that the loafers did not look gross. But I assure you that they did not.

Jae said...

They're like ugly/adorable. I don't know how to explain. I did wear my other mocs to Hawaii and they didn't survive the trip. Halfway through they completely fell apart and are now in a trash can in Whaler's Village. But I still have my boating shoes to fall back on.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.