I Went on Vacation and All You Got Was This Lousy Blog Post

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Didja miss me? I kind of missed blogging while I was off playing on the beach. There were tons of things that were Freaky Friday worthy ie: the roughly 6,000 bikini/trucker hat combos I saw. Seriously, can that just die already?

So, wanna see some pics from my week in Maui? I promise some are fashion-related. Ish.

When we first got there, we were mostly just excited to be out of the ugliest airport known to man -- sorry, OGG.

Here Justin is, contemplating all of the money I spent on snack boxes on the plane. 
I LOVE SNACK BOXES. 

...and room service, especially when it brings me delicious fish and shrimp.

Time difference = me waking up at 3am. It was 7am Utah time. This calls for an early morning DP!

 
Also: Early morning selfies. Seriously, it was like 6am here. 

Justin: Ew, we look like one of those couples that people hate.
Me: Yessssssss. 

 
Sand, why you so sticky?

My entire goal for the trip: Swim with a sea turtle. I did and it was as big as my couch. I can die now. 

Poolside milkshakes. The bartender LOVED me being the only person over the age of 21 who ordered milkshakes.

This was at a souvenir shop. I don't even.


I will never be satisfied with a normal sunset ever again.

Marry me, mango cheesecake. I know what you're thinking -- did Jae do anything other than eat and tan? And the answer is no. No I did not.

 Justin got the world's best sunburn when I sprayed sunscreen in an 's' motion once on his back before snorkeling. It was like he was a superhero for the rest of the trip!

Resort love!

Sometimes I swim under waterfalls and whatnot. 

 And then hang on for dear life when I get tired.

Hiking during a stop along the Road to Hana. SO GLAD I invested in some good flip flops before doing this. Reefs for life!

 Banana bread stop! And no, I am not naked in this picture. While I hardly wore pants all week long, I did try my best to wear swimsuit bottoms. Also, check out that tan!

 I put on pants to check out these botanical gardens and ended up looking like a dolphin trainer.

 But it was one of my fave parts of the trip anyway. Hi, perfect blue lagoon. 

Free Country sent me this adorable swimsuit to wear on my trip. It was perfect for covering up, but not feeling like a total nun. Plus, leopard print? I die. They sold out of the top I have, but this was my second fave!

 I also bought a bunch of short dresses that I wore as swimsuit coverups for dinner. Here's one of my faves in the exotic bird garden at our hotel. The flamingos would just nonchalantly walk up to me and cause me a minor heart attack.I look cool here but I'm really screaming inside and thinking of "The Birds"

 Le sigh. Bye vacation.


 In the end, it was pretty much everything I wanted out of our 10th anniversary. We got to celebrate the fact that we haven't killed each other for the insurance money yet, eat a lot of food, swim with turtles and see what was basically the entire cast of Finding Nemo while exploring the island. OK, I missed my kids a little bit -- but I don't think they missed us much.

Alright, regular posting should resume next week. I'm still recovering -- I *gasp* slept in until almost 9 am this morning and woke up to my son whining that he was bored. I guess normal life is pretty great too.



2 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

What gorgeous pictures!

Did you see sharks? Because that would seriously terrify me.

Jae said...

No sharks, but I was sitting on the beach one morning and a 10 year old kid yanked an OCTOPUS out of the water and went running up the shore with it. I kid you not.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.