What I Wore: Rhinestone Cowboy

Monday, March 11, 2013

 So, once upon a time I had a boyfriend when I was a teenager. And we were talking about the future as stupid teenagers do. And he mentioned that he wanted to live in the city -- I grew up just outside of Toronto -- and when I didn't agree, he said in disgust "Wait.. are you a country girl?"

Needless to say, it didn't work out.

And wouldn't you know it; I moved to a small town. And people sometimes ride their horses down my street. And there are lots of baby cows. And once, a bat flew in my house.

And sometimes, I wear cowboy boots.

And I often think about how I am a little bit of a country girl at heart. I like my space. Of course, I also like my sparkle, my stilettos, my ballerina-wear and my leopard, too. So there you go.


 Tank: Rue21
Cardi: c/o modbod
Skirt: Olsenboye
Boots: Soda
Earrings: f21

I'm just a walking paradox. I can wear sequins with cowboy boots, right? I also listen to rap in my SUV (two of my favorites here and here), but listen to angry girl country music when I'm cooking (here, here and here) and inexplicably, folk rock when I'm working (here and here). So basically what I'm saying is I make no sense as a person.

Also, boots come in handy when you're tromping around in post-melt Utah. Word on the street is that it's actually spring here now, so everything is covered in mud yaaaaay. And, since the sun was shining, this shirt made pretty sparkle reflections all over my car and if I said I didn't drive around whilst shimmying my torso to see them, I'd be lying and also a real adult.

So yeah. Basically: Tutu + sequined shirt + leopard + cowboy boots = no categorized style whatsoever. I WILL NOT BE LABELED. Country girl, city girl, respecter of sequins, hider of sun. Your friendly neighborhood Jae!


Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.