What I Wore: Peep Show

Monday, March 25, 2013

Oooh, peep show, the title is so tantalizing.

Well, I'm sorry to say that I'm fully clothed. BUT! I did get to wear my peep toe shoes for the first time this year and I had a lacy slip peeping out of my dress, so I feel like that's even more exciting. eShakti.com offered to send me another one of their awesome sauce dresses and this is the one I chose. It was a tank and a little shorter, so I had some length and sleeves added for a little 40s flair. Unfortunately, because my legs are disproportionately long, the dress was still a bit short. No worries -- I picked up this wardrobe-extending slip the other day and all was right with the world. Well, except for like, world hunger and whatnot. That is not right.

I look really smug here.
Dress: c/o eShakti
Necklace: Nordstrom
Shoes: F21
Ring: Inspired Silver

I loveee the way eShakti dresses fit. You send 'em your measurements and customization requests, they send you back something pretty that fits like a glove.




These shoes pretty much ate my feet, but look how cute. And polka dot toes? I die. This is how I spend my Saturday nights you guys. Jelly beans and nail polish. That's it. 


It's fun to look at dressed-up pictures when I'm still in pajamas and a hoodie. Such fond memories. Of yesterday. Le sigh.


4 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

You look so pretty! I want this dress!

We're expecting baby no. 3 in September, so I think I'm gonna have to wait on the eShakti dress.

Have you ever checked out Trashy Diva? Horrible name, beautiful dresses, but a little pricey. Everything is retro, it's a cute little store in New Orleans.

Jae said...

Congrats on the baby Nora! I want to hear all about your brave foray into having three kids, something I have yet to muster up the courage for.

And I have heard of TD but I feel like I need to go peruse. I love me some retro clothes.

lr said...

The slip looks so cute. I have thought of doing this before, but was worried it would look weird --like a granny slip sneaking out unintentionally! It looks great with your dress. Where did you find your slip? Brand, please!

Jae said...

It took my forever to just buck up and buy one and now I'm so glad I did... I can use it with sooo many dresses. I bought mine at a boutique that sells mostly modest stuff, but the brand is Melody. I've also seen tons of DIY tutorials if you're a seamstress (I am not at all!)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.