What I Wore: Sloppy Jae

Monday, February 25, 2013

OK, this has to be quick because I'm heading out to lunch and am still all sweaty and unshowered from my morning workout. I have been so very unproductive today. So it makes sense that I would be abandoning everything on my to-do list for Mexican food. Because you never say no to Mexican food.

 Yesterday I was feeling kind of shlubby and didn't want to squeeze myself into ANYTHING, which is where this sloppy ensemble came from. Sloppy boots, sloppy scarf and sloppy sweater equal a sloppy Jae and I'm OK with that.


 Sweater: Gap
Scarf: H&M (a gift from my brother!)
Skirt: White House Black Market
Boots: MIA
Cuff: Local
Ring: 1928
Earrings: F21

 I heart these boots and have worn them for a week straight. They were my V-Day boots how romantic.

 
And lest you think I'm a complete slob, you should see that at least my socks matched my sweater. I'm not a barbarian.

I promise that next week, I'll post something that I had to like, put effort into. But considering I'm about to completely binge, I'll probably need a few days before I can squeeze into anything other than yoga pants. Also, my mom is coming tomorrow. This means mom-food all week long. Sometimes she says she's not going to cook when she visits. And then we laugh and laugh and she makes me things like egg sandwiches. It's awesome.


3 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

Are there foods in Canada that you miss and can't find here?

I remember a friend of mine said there was some candy that went by the same name here in the states, but it was completely different. Like, one was chocolate and one wasn't. Can't remember what it was.

Jae said...

Smarties! In Canada they're like M&Ms and down here, they're those chalky candies. Back home we call them Rockets.

I DO miss ketchup chips though. And a restaurant chain called Swiss Chalet. It's kind of trashy but oh so delicious. And a bunch of Canadian chocolate... we have Cadbury everything up there, which probably explains my dependence on Mini Eggs down here.

Jennifer Wells said...

Oh, yeah, Smarties here are kind of gross.

We have a chain of stores here in the Midwest called Meijer, it's like Walmart in that it's a megastore with everything, but it's much nicer. They have an international aisle and Cadbury seems to be a British thing, too.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.