Freaky Friday: Awesomely Bad Valentine's

Friday, February 15, 2013

 So how was everyone's Valentine's Day? My favorite part was when my family decorated my bed with cards. One of them, from my daughter, read in its entirety:

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
You are nice.

I mean, really how can you top something like that? With presents, that's how. I got a cargo jacket, new boots and a La Mer watch on order that I'm suuuuper excited about. We stayed in and had a romantic dinner... with the kids. The Mr. and I are having our super lovey romantic time V-Day date tonight. In case you're wondering, the leather pants will be making an appearance.

Oh yeah.

Anyway, my hubs is pretty good at gifts, obviously. So I thought I'd check out some stuff that would make for the most awesomely bad Valentine's Day ever. Are you feeling the love? You shouldn't.



 Tiny potato chip bag earrings. Hey, just because you're dressed up doesn't mean you can't remind everyone you shop at Wal-Mart too!


 This made me LOL. Oh, 80s you were so ugly. But I'm thinking a heart-festooned side ponytail is exactly what I need for my hot date tonight!


 Well now I'm just mad I spent all that money on a boat, when my husband just could have bought me an inflatable dress instead. Dave Ramsey would be soooo unimpressed with my money skills. 


 My husband loves him some cinnamon buns and no, that's not a pet name. I would so enjoy him licking my ears in a totally nutritive way. 

PS is it weird that we don't use pet names at all? Like, they make me cringe a little bit.


 Beer dress! This is when you know your guy is a full-on alcoholic. "You know what would be reallllllly sexy? If you dressed like beer. Oh yeah."


 Light up nails. Because you're a raver, but also a lady. 


 Can I just take an official "no wearing food" stance now? Because it's never OK.


Ladies, if your husband gives you a bracelet that looks like you slit your wrist, check your life insurance policy. There's a good chance he increased it before getting ready to kill you, hide your body and then film a Dateline special about it. 


 I'm just about done work for the day, but it's my son's birthday tomorrow so I'm busy with running around for that. We're taking him to Monster Jam and he is so excited that he's been carrying around his ticket confirmation for the last four days. Awesome. I'm just glad we're doing this instead of a party. It's my daughter's birthday the week after next and a massive My Little Pony party is in the works and it makes me want to nap forever. Halfway through this awful month!

4 comments:

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

Funniest Freaky Friday post ever. I loved it.

Jennifer Wells said...

I thought the beer dress was made of cheese. Just goes to show where my loyalties lie.

The Suburb Experiment said...

Um. Those cinnamon buns look like someone REALLY loved them. I'm not trying to be gross, I promise, it's just the icing is so . . . unfortunate.

Jae said...

Ewwwww my husband walked in while I was reading your comment and asked why I was snickering. I have the mind of a 14 year old boy. I will never unsee that.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.