What I Wore: Foiled Again

Monday, February 11, 2013

 Don't you just love when you buy something new and you have a great outfit planned and then the night before it snows another foot and you can't wear it anymore? YEAH ME TOO. Thus, this outfit was cobbled together by a need to wear boots and boot socks or face frostbite and the subsequent removal of my toes. And then I couldn't wear peeptoe shoes anymore and it's just a vicious cycle, you know?

Seriously. I was dying to wear this top sans jacket, but c'est la vie when you live where I do. I *guess* it was OK. It just could have been so much better. Next time.


 Top: here
Skirt and jacket: F21
Boots: Payless (I bought these when I first moved to Utah 10 years ago so the next time someone tries to get all pompous with you and tells you to spend a gajillion dollars on good boots to last forever you tell them it's not necessarily true. Also tell them to get over themselves.)
Earrings: Downeast
Ring: F21


 My feet were kept warm, even if they secretly wished they were in pointy, ridiculously high heels instead.Note that these socks are also the legwarmers from the Halloween I dressed up as the Sundrop Soda girl. Repurposing y'all!


 The weather girl last night said this would be the last of it and spring is coming next week. I swear, weather girl. Don't you get my hopes up for nothing. You and the groundhog will have some maaaajor 'splaining to do!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I feel so super cool. I have those same boots from Payless! :P
Since I don't own 50 pairs of boots, though, mine are hashed. I actually had to finally toss them because a zipper broke and the lining tore out on the sole. So I guess I'd have to say I *had* those same boots.

Jae said...

I've worn mine a lot but they've totally held up! I like that they don't have a teeny heel to balance on... I'll be gutted when they finally kick the bucket!

Jennifer Wells said...

I love that raspberry color with the black and white.

Unknown said...

ohhhhhh ho ho ho

so many good line in here
I've been separated from your humour and fashion sense for far too long.

Way to weather the storm.

Unknown said...

Love your jacket!!


www.studentswife.com

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.