What I Wore: Going Barefoot

Monday, February 18, 2013

Yay me and my husband finally got to go on our Valentine's date night and it was lovely. I ate way more than a person of my size should ever be able to eat and then we caught a late movie. Because we were just going to dinner and a movie, I thought it would be a faaaantastic idea to wear uncomfortable shoes. I was going to be sitting the whole time, right? So I suited up and we ate and it was fine. Then, we parked at an alternate entrance to the movie theater and walked in, but after the movie ended, the entrance was locked and we had to hike all the way around the building back out to our car. And I wanted to saw my feet off. And I cursed the god of shoes who was probably laughing at me. Finally, my hubs decided to piggyback me out to the car, which caused my shoes to fall off. I ended up running barefoot the rest of the way because I'm a classy broad like that. I'm even classier when this is all going down in leather pants and snakeskin.

 Tank: I can't remember and it's in the wash so I'll tell you later PS I'm the worst style blogger EVER.
Cardi-jacket thingy: Joe Fresh
Pants: H&M
Cuff: Marc Jacobs
Shoes: The fires of hell/F21
Rings: Tiffany/Inspired Silver
Necklace: Buckle

Fun story about these awesome sauce pants -- they sound like I'm wrestling a bouncy house when trying to put them on. I was with my little brother when I bought them and he was outside the fitting room giggling because he could hear my struggle. Because they are TIGHT. But so coooool. Like, it's impossible to feel uncool wearing leathery pants. I just wanted to run off and audition for a White Snake video or something. 



 Look! I'm smiling because this was the beginning of the night and my shoes had not yet destroyed my will to live!


I've been shuffling around in my TOMS with a big 'ol Band-Aid on my foot ever since. Is there anything grosser than foot Band-Aids? I mean, honestly. Also, our babysitter thought it was pretty weird when I came home shoeless. But it was worth it. Also, those shoes are being thrown in the back of my closet and ignored for the next six months because I'm passive aggressive like that.



9 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

You look hot!

Jennifer Wells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

Aw, shanks my friend! Not gonna lie, I felt like I was a pretty cool mom that night.

Melissa said...

I may or may not have brought a pair of flip flops on our date! Its a good thing too cause my hubby decided we should go shopping at the mall after dinner! Now that would have been bad ;o)

Deveny said...

I saw some other bloggers in the black leather pants but I'm like "I'm a mom - would I look silly?".
You answered my question in that hot moms can rock the leather pants too.

Jae said...

Oh, it's possible. I was feeling left out! And believe it or not... I wear them ALL the time now. They look super cute with a loose sweater and flats.

seneeh said...

Get More InfoHome Page see herelook these up Check This Outdirectory

mcshesea said...

page suivante répliques de sacs à main Ysl essayez ceci répliques de sacs de créateurs bon marché cette page meilleurs sacs de répliques en ligne

slesed said...

special info designer replica luggage go right here Dolabuy Bottega Veneta my review here replica louis vuitton

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.