What I Wore: Cardi-Mom

Monday, November 5, 2012

Is it me or is the cardigan part of the official mom uniform? I own like, 900 because they're so easy to put on and look polished. I don't know why, but the addition of a good cardigan takes anything from sloppy to "Oh, well look who decided to shower today." Still, sometimes I feel like they're a bit stuffy, which is why I love a) buying cardigans with patterns and 2) Mixing them up. Makes them a little less PTA.

Photobucket
Cardi: Heart & Hips
Tank: JCPenney for reals it's my favorite. BOWS.
Skinnies: Local (Contagious)
Boots: Frye, duh
Earrings: Heirlooms from my super glam Nanny. 
Also, I realized after I took these pics that I'm wearing my nametag for my volunteer hospital gig. So there's that, too. I am very scatterbrained when I'm running out the door. It gets me free drinks in the cafeteria booyah. 

Photobucket
Oh cardigans, you'll never steer me wrong. Unless you're fit badly or really boxy. Which this one is not. Seriously, if you're in the market for some cardigans, look form them to hit your hip or lower. Too short and you could be veering into some very unflattering territory.

Have I convinced you to buy more cardigans? Hey, it's fall. Totally necessary. What's your fave way to wear 'em?



Now, I have a workout to get to and a little vay-cay to pack for so I'm downing a criminal amount of Crystal Light and hopping to it. Monday is no match for me.

6 comments:

Anna said...

We volunteer at our local hospital too! (My friend who is sitting right next to me and I.) We particularly enjoy the hot chocolate and free coke. It's awesome. Love your outfit, too!

Jae said...

Haha Anna that's awesome! I work in antepartum and the NICU and usually fuel my volunteerism with raspberry diet coke in excessive amounts lol

Anonymous said...

Nanny as in person who watches your kids, or Gramma? Just so we're clear. Either way, lovely taste in jewelry.

--Nora B.

Jae said...

lol Nora, Nanny as in Grandma... My mom's parents were pretty darn British and "Nan" is pretty common.

Chelsea said...

I saw this post yesterday, and as soon as I got off work I went to Penney's and bought a whole bunch of cardigans. No joke! I found one that I like and I bought it in every print and color that they had in my size.

Rosanna said...

Personally I only on 2 cardi's. I am not a big fan. I perfer jackets. I do think cardigans are nice on other people, just not me.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.